[MC1.10] Options for a sponge-like effect that can move with a Funky Locomotion Build?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, another question relating to my chunk eater. This is probably the last one I'll have. I'm currently on FTB Beyond, but have no problems adding additional mods.

I'm basically looking for something that can both keep the rig itself dry, and preferably deal with liquids below the annihilation planes.

I know MFFS is probably not a solution, since it at least partially relies on absolute block positions.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Simply building a canopy to make it less a line of ungainly blocks and more an actual vehicle would do for keeping the rig itself dry. As far as liquids below the annihilation planes... what problems are you encountering? Would deployer/autonomous activator/etc plus buckets work?

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I'll probably have to create a roof if I want to keep things dry, though that's probably a secondary thing.

As for liquids below, the issue is that source blocks stop it from going down. I finally found a solution by looking for pump options instead of a sponge effect: The RFTools builder has a pump card, and I can just pipe into a liquids trash can.

On the other hand, I'm beginning to think this is actually going to be too slow for resource gathering at this point. Between the (lack of) speed of the frame movers and the massive lag moving something that large causes me, it's kind of become more of a build challenge than something actually useful.

I'm honestly considering building a compact vehicle to ferry an rftools builder with a silk quarry card around. I went with the rftools quarry the last couple worlds, but this would at least be a new spin on it, and keeping in the theme of a "chunk eater".