Problem MC Server time doesn,t match server time

wulk

Jul 29, 2019
hi,
i couldn,t find anything related to my problem via google or minecraftforum, so i am asking you for help.
i have a small server and everything is running fine but there is one exception which bothers me a lot. i start the server using putty and after log-in, the time is correct. after starting a screen session and starting the mc-server the time which is shown is 2 hours behind the official time. normally it was +1 but after dst it is +2.
is there any file i can edit to change the timecode especially in the direwolf20 modpack? i am living in europe and my timecode is utc +1. i know it is not much but for me still annoying ;)
any help would be appreciated.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not really sure what you are getting at here. Is this a local server you own or is it remotely hosted? Are you talking about the computers system time?

wulk

Jul 29, 2019
it is a small nas-server i own. when i am at the console and type date to see the system time everything is correct but after starting the mc-server it is changing. see image with 2 windows of the console.
console.jpg

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
Despite living in Europe I am terrible with timezones. You say you are in UTC + 1, are you actually in CEST?

wulk

Jul 29, 2019
afaik it is the same with one exception that cest is the daylight saving time included. or in other words it would be now utc +2

DarkMukke

Jul 29, 2019
this is not an ftb server problem, not even a minecraft problem at all, you should ask help in the forums for your distro

wulk

Jul 29, 2019
are you sure? because the nas-server time is right, i checked it several times. where did minecraft get the info about the time?

DarkMukke

Jul 29, 2019
from the server

and a NAS, is just a storage unit, it usually doesnt have an OS, just some firmwire, so i find odd that you can run MC server on a NAS

wulk

Jul 29, 2019
it is more than a nas, it is a qnap 459 pro II. i said it is a server and a nas and both is right. forgot to mention that it is a qnap, sorry for that. so again, the server time is right but the mc-server is off. my thoughts are, should'nt get the mc-server the time from the server?