Windows .exe Max memory setting not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

thealbinosmurf

Jul 29, 2019
I am currently on a win 8 Pro machine with 6gbs of ram and vanilla minecraft works great and I had set java to have a -Xmx of 3072 and -Xms of 1024. When using the ftb launcher and trying to set the max memory any higher than 1024 and trying to run it the launcher closes but minecraft never starts.

Doye

Jul 29, 2019
You're not alone, I am using vista and when I tried increasing the max memory i had that same issue. I just assumed it was because the memory was unavailable for whatever reason and changed it back.

Oyeahoyeah880

Jul 29, 2019
I'm havin' the same problem,but i DON'T KNOW what the f*ck should i do.I reinstalled java,but it wont let me give the server more than 1GB ram.I have 8gb ram and im using Win8.Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp pls.

0NightHawk0

Jul 29, 2019
Well that's nice and all for people who use 64 bit PC's, but those with 32 bit apparently cannot go beyond the 1024 line, which is kind of bothersome.

JademusSreg

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: I have Installed This Version of Java Now i can Change The Memory and it Works. [link to third-party distributor]
I would strongly advise not directing people to third-party providers of JRE; unless you can be certain the source is trustworthy, like java or oracle sites, you're opening yourself up to potentially serious vulnerabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.