Mass Producing on Red/Purple Dye (Agrarian Skies)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

FTB_Time

Jul 29, 2019
Purple madness requires a huge amount of purple dye.

I have made an auto-bone meal harvesting device on dirt, but I get mostly useless seeds and very few roses?

How do you complete this quest?

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
As I said in another thread, I'm not terribly familiar with the limitiations of AgS, but can you setup the dye generation via pulverizer and cyclic assemblers seen a few months ago?

(in case the thread is difficult to find, you craft 8 white wool with the dye of your choice to get 8 colored wool, then pulverize the wool into string + 25% chance for dye. Your odds of getting a net surplus of dye are very good. It takes two cyclic assemblers and a pulverizer to pull off)

FTB_Time

Jul 29, 2019
As I said in another thread, I'm not terribly familiar with the limitiations of AgS, but can you setup the dye generation via pulverizer and cyclic assemblers seen a few months ago?

(in case the thread is difficult to find, you craft 8 white wool with the dye of your choice to get 8 colored wool, then pulverize the wool into string + 25% chance for dye. Your odds of getting a net surplus of dye are very good. It takes two cyclic assemblers and a pulverizer to pull off)
It's now 5% chance for dye :/

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019

Or you could dye some sheep and use a rancher.

Reactions: Loxinnightwalker

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
jaded bees, tons and tons of jaded bees in industrial apiaries with automation upgrade, 4 short lifespan upgrades and 8 production upgrades
you'll also need to create a good genetic template, with traits like shortest lifespan, highest fertility, nocturnal/flyer/cave dwelling etcetcetc

with the short lifespan and 4 fertility you can already start on the bee bragging rights quest

Reactions: GreenZombie

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
jaded bees, tons and tons of jaded bees in industrial apiaries with automation upgrade, 4 short lifespan upgrades and 8 production upgrades
you'll also need to create a good genetic template, with traits like shortest lifespan, highest fertility, nocturnal/flyer/cave dwelling etcetcetc

with the short lifespan and 4 fertility you can already start on the bee bragging rights quest

why need short lifespan in production apiary?

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
it's a hidden bragging rights quest that requires you to submit 100.000 drones
derp. for some reason i've read your previous post like " lost lots and loooooots of drones, to be exact, 100.000 drones" and was wandering how do you manage that?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
derp. for some reason i've read your previous post like " lost lots and loooooots of drones, to be exact, 100.000 drones" and was wandering how do you manage that?

well, you could put them in an indexer, that block is derpy as hell
I had all my bees at that time in an indexer and wanted to move the block, so I broke it but when I placed it back down... poof, all the bees gone

I didn't restore a backup at all in that specific world, but that was just too much nope

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
well, you could put them in an indexer, that block is derpy as hell
I had all my bees at that time in an indexer and wanted to move the block, so I broke it but when I placed it back down... poof, all the bees gone

I didn't restore a backup at all in that specific world, but that was just too much nope
wasn't indexer limited to 1k bees? you'd have to be pretty persistent to loose 100k bees that way :)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
wasn't indexer limited to 1k bees? you'd have to be pretty persistent to loose 100k bees that way :)

I checked a wiki and it said infinite bee storage, but I never got to that part and already ditched the damn thing after just a couple of dozen bees

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
I checked a wiki and it said infinite bee storage, but I never got to that part and already ditched the damn thing after just a couple of dozen bees
i'm pretty sure i've seen number 1k in indexer's description, but i'm to lazy to login and check :p