mass fabricator: increase base energy cost to 10M EU

Kane Hart

Jul 29, 2019
it`s possible that idea came from Greg...

i wonder if there is going to be any fixes new features to power generation?

The power Generation being rewritten from the ground up as far as I know. Sort back to where it was like in 1.0 of IC. So I don't think were going through the insane packet spam anymore. But not 100% on this.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's good for the mod, think of how powerful UUM is.

On the server Godcraft Frontiers I got to the point where I could start producing solars pretty much from UUM. That's a bit too powerful.

Question is is this 10M energy with or without amplifier?

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
The power Generation being rewritten from the ground up as far as I know. Sort back to where it was like in 1.0 of IC. So I don't think were going through the insane packet spam anymore. But not 100% on this.
rewritten in what way?

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's good for the mod, think of how powerful UUM is.

On the server Godcraft Frontiers I got to the point where I could start producing solars pretty much from UUM. That's a bit too powerful.

Question is is this 10M energy with or without amplifier?

Without. Since the 10M is the "base energy cost"

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at it, this is misleading. It's upping the cost by 10x, period. This includes with scrap.

As if I needed another reason to abandon IC2.

Reactions: RedBoss

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 is inactive. I don't exactly care what happens to it, it just matters to me that something is happening to it, good or bad.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 is inactive. I don't exactly care what happens to it, it just matters to me that something is happening to it, good or bad.

It doesn't seem like IC2 is inactive anymore... but I do agree, even "bad" changes are better than stagnating into obsolescence.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at it, this is misleading. It's upping the cost by 10x, period. This includes with scrap.

As if I needed another reason to abandon IC2.

How is this misleading? It says "base energy cost" which implies without scrap, and it can be assumed that scrap will reduce the new base energy cost by the same factor as before.
nvm, I guess I can see why you would think that.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
For the unaware, IC2 has been in a sort-of feature freeze for this long because the original author went missing a long time ago without leaving any permission to do more than maintain what's already there.

Looks like either the team managed to contact Alblaka and get permission to add new features, or finally decided to say "screw it we're going ahead with this". Either way, it seems like there's a big bunch of features in the pipeline all of a sudden. Will be interesting to see where this goes.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
For the unaware, IC2 has been in a sort-of feature freeze for this long because the original author went missing a long time ago without leaving any permission to do more than maintain what's already there.

Looks like either the team managed to contact Alblaka and get permission to add new features, or finally decided to say "screw it we're going ahead with this". Either way, it seems like there's a big bunch of features in the pipeline all of a sudden. Will be interesting to see where this goes.

I wonder what he'll do with reactors. This might be interesting.

cynric

Jul 29, 2019
It will be interesting to see how this will end up compared to power output, assuming there are changes coming to that. Otherwise a change like this could be pretty crippling to SSP, where you don't have 24/7 operation and thus already way lower output.

hotchi

Jul 29, 2019
i have no problem at all with this change but i hope we will see some new or advanced eu generation possibilities in the future

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
i have no problem at all with this change but i hope we will see some new or advanced eu generation possibilities in the future

RAITE Gen does not sound very promising. Only hope is impl. fusion reactos :S