Marshy Bees

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DinoHadzic

Jul 29, 2019
Guys help me out here,i found marshy bees and when i put mushrooms (brown and red) around them it say:hive members are not finding the right flowers...
really confused mushrooms are around apiary in a small leaves house :/

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
If the bees need mushrooms and say they don't have 'em, then odds are they don't have 'em. Put them closer.

thijser

Jul 29, 2019
Have you used the beealyzer or them to check that they still need mushrooms (if you bred them with another bee they might now need something else)? And are you using vanila mushrooms or some type of mushrooms that are added by another mod?

DinoHadzic

Jul 29, 2019
Have you used the beealyzer or them to check that they still need mushrooms (if you bred them with another bee they might now need something else)? And are you using vanila mushrooms or some type of mushrooms that are added by another mod?

using extra bees that are added in ftb direwolf20

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
I think you misunderstand - he's not asking what mod gave you the bees. He's asking if a mod provided the mushrooms, and whether you've actually checked that these particular bees, the ones in your hives as opposed to just ones of "the marshy race", need mushrooms according to the beealyser.

Reactions: DinoHadzic

DinoHadzic

Jul 29, 2019
I think you misunderstand - he's not asking what mod gave you the bees. He's asking if a mod provided the mushrooms, and whether you've actually checked that these particular bees, the ones in your hives as opposed to just ones of "the marshy race", need mushrooms according to the beealyser.

i'll try to put more mushrooms around have 3 red and 5 brown

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
The amount doesn't matter. What matters is:
  • You must have at least one vanilla-style mushroom.
  • It must be within the operational range of the bee (very close!).
  • The bee must specifically have mushrooms listed as its flower by the beealyser.

Reactions: DinoHadzic

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes it takes a while for bees to notice newly planted "flowers". Try taking the queen out of the apiary and putting it back in, that usually resets it.

DinoHadzic

Jul 29, 2019
The amount doesn't matter. What matters is:
  • You must have at least one vanilla-style mushroom.
  • It must be within the operational range of the bee (very close!).
  • The bee must specifically have mushrooms listed as its flower by the beealyser.
Thanks

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
If you acquired(stole) these bees from a villager apiarist, note that they frequently spawn in mismatched pairs. So it's very possible to get a marshy bee that inherited the base flower trait. The only way to know is to use a beealyzer.

Easier method is just to supply the bees with all likely flowers: Mushroom, flowers, cactus, and vines.