Mariculture

gago

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!

I'm playing the Monster modpack and i've been trying out some different mods, currently testing out Mariculture.
I found out i need "magic droplets" to make the Celestial mirror, and for the droplets i need to breed Clownfish, which i don't have. I've come across a spreadsheet which says Clownfish are "coral" type, tried fishing there, didn't find any.

What would be the best way to get myself a Clownfish?

Also any other tips for this mod? :)

Thanks in advance!
gago

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
Hello!

I'm playing the Monster modpack and i've been trying out some different mods, currently testing out Mariculture.
I found out i need "magic droplets" to make the Celestial mirror, and for the droplets i need to breed Clownfish, which i don't have. I've come across a spreadsheet which says Clownfish are "coral" type, tried fishing there, didn't find any.

What would be the best way to get myself a Clownfish?

Also any other tips for this mod? :)

Thanks in advance!
gago

I'm not sure on the best way to get Clownfish but you can check the Mariculture Wiki for more information on Fish Breeding. Also, make sure that you are fishing using Mariculture Fishing Rods and higher quality Bait.

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Clownfish are from breeding... and...

Fish Breeding is 10 x Easier in 1.2.0.

It's for all intense and purposes 'broken' in 1.1.4. As in it's insanely hard to get certain fish due to how low the chances for mutation are.
I'd recommend you wait for your chosen modpack to update ^_^. And when they do ;) This may be of assistance. (Some of the combos are different in 1.1.4).

fishbreeding2.png

gago

Jul 29, 2019
Oooo cool!
Thanks for the heads up, now i can't wait for the next modpack version! :D