Mariculture Limestone

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Those fluids are entirely distinct, with two totally different names in the code... so it shouldn't be an issue.

Well, when I whitelist the servo so it should only extract molten titanium, it still extracts the impure variety. Not sure why.

I might try it the other way round and blacklist impure titanium instead. Dunno why that should make any difference though.

fishille

Jul 29, 2019
This thread very much helpful in the pursuit of titatium, mod is very intriguing but I lose lots of time trying to figure out simple things. Current magneish dust production involves pumping the quicklime into barrel filling the vat with the 16buckets of water the pumping lime into vat and poof... 1 dust from 34(37.77 corrected math based off 900mb per block) blocks of limestone. Seems a little steep. Hope new version is less steep on conversion I have tons of impure titatium in a smeltery that I add my magnesium to 1 bucket load at a time. This is taking a while. I'm also not figuring out how to power my crucible with lava so I'm having to feed it charcoal. If I put lava in it, it goes to the internal tank... I keep hearing there's a book to craft in game but seems not so in Monster 1.1.1

Otherwise fishing is great...

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
This thread very much helpful in the pursuit of titatium, mod is very intriguing but I lose lots of time trying to figure out simple things. Current magneish dust production involves pumping the quicklime into barrel filling the vat with the 16buckets of water the pumping lime into vat and poof... 1 dust from 34(37.77 corrected math based off 900mb per block) blocks of limestone. Seems a little steep. Hope new version is less steep on conversion I have tons of impure titatium in a smeltery that I add my magnesium to 1 bucket load at a time. This is taking a while. I'm also not figuring out how to power my crucible with lava so I'm having to feed it charcoal. If I put lava in it, it goes to the internal tank... I keep hearing there's a book to craft in game but seems not so in Monster 1.1.1

Otherwise fishing is great...

Welcome to the things I have spent the last week of my life trying to perfect ;)

Powering the crucible with lava:
Get a buildcraft tank (the single block type made with 8 glass blocks), put it underneath the crucible, fill tank with lava.

It will slowly drain and the crucible will start to heat up. It tops out at ~1500 rather than the 2000 you can get with solid fuel, but that's enough for most purposes.

Rowena_Lee

Jul 29, 2019
I hope someone can help me -- I am fairly new to Minecraft, and we just started playing Agrarian Skies. I just finished building my first smelter, and accidentally put limestone into it. It created quicklime -- which I now cannot get out of my smelter. Can someone advise me?

killakiaba

Jul 29, 2019
I hope someone can help me -- I am fairly new to Minecraft, and we just started playing Agrarian Skies. I just finished building my first smelter, and accidentally put limestone into it. It created quicklime -- which I now cannot get out of my smelter. Can someone advise me?

place a fluiduct on the smeltery drain, switch to output mode and pump into a tank by applying a redstone signil

Reactions: Rowena_Lee

Rowena_Lee

Jul 29, 2019
place a fluiduct on the smeltery drain, switch to output mode and pump into a tank by applying a redstone signil

Thanks for the reply -- I have a fluid duct on the drain, but I don't know how to switch to output mode -- I've created a tank, and I can make a redstone signal. So -- how to I switch to output mode? Thanks!

killakiaba

Jul 29, 2019
use a crescent hammer on the end of the fluiduct thats connected to the smeltery drain, it will shows a little red triangle. Dark red means its off bright red means its on, it can be switched on via a redstone signal lever etc or by installing a pneumatic servo. you also look up thermal expansion mod for more info.

Reactions: Rowena_Lee

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Playing AgS 3.1.2:

I'm pretty sure you intended Limestone as a building block, given all the pretty blocks you can make with it. But why no microblock support?

Hecktic

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I signed up to give everyone a piece of advice for this particular problem. As I have read and seen that many people were having the same issue with this as I was, I was digging around for a long time and still couldn't find a solution, until that is I figured out a way to help everyone out when trying to get Titanium.

My Best Solution

1: Mine Rutile.
2: Melt Rutile in Crucible Furnace.
3: Use Mimichite to create Smooth Limestone from the Limestone you get out of the rutile, *1 limestone = 2 Smooth Limestone* This Doubles the output @ <3 Mimichite.
4: Melt the Smooth Limestone in Crucible furnace which 1 Smooth Limestone gives you 1000mb of quicklime.
5: Create the unknown magnetic mesh with the mix of water/quickliime.
6: All that's left is to create your titanium with the melted magnesium and impure titanium,(it's 1:1 ratio so make sure you measure properly!)
7: Once you have enough to create your titanium ingot and use Mimichite once more to double the output, and continue doubling with Mimichite!
8: Problem *slightly, solved.*

Have fun guys!:D

PS: Also I found this while looking around, you can refer to this as a solution If you don't want use my method.

"Titanium Dust is produced as a by-product in the Industrial Electrolyzer, mainly from Bauxite Dust, which it produces one pile per 24 piles of bauxite dust (Equivalent to 1 titanium dust per 6 Bauxite Ore). It is also a by-product of grinding some of the ores in Industrial Grinder, resulting in tiny heaps of Titanium Dust which must be crafted into full piles of Titanium Dust."

Last edited: