Map Resets in 1.6

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Krumpets

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone I was curious as to if the update for 1.6 will require a map reset in Feed the Beast Ultimate or if its just speculation. I really don't want to reset but If I have to than so be it.

Sorry if this is the wrong section.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone I was curious as to if the update for 1.6 will require a map reset in Feed the Beast Ultimate or if its just speculation. I really don't want to reset but If I have to than so be it.

Sorry if this is the wrong section.

Speculation at this point with a little bit of backing from slowpoke. He stated at one point that it was most likely going to take a reset.

If you go to 1.5.x (beta or not) you will need a reset and since that dropped RP2 if RP2 is added back in 1.6.x then a reset again might be needed if the shuffle block ids around. no ids are moved then you can just live with having to travel to get the RP2 world gen stuff.

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
The short answer no.. UnLess minecraft itself requires it.. Which it does not.

I uprgraded from 1.4.7 to 1.5.2.. Which did require some Mods to be resett.

Resetting a mod is as easy as Loading you map in the new version without the mod, and having Forge or minecraft (not sure which one does it) delete everything from that mod in your world.

Then your turn off minecraft.. load the mod back up... Either start over... Or NEI the stuff you lost back in.

Takes some work but is possible.

The biggest killer is the new liquids in forge, and version 1.5.2. you will lose pretty much all of it.