Map Editor

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Edrosty

Jul 29, 2019
Simple question. Is there a working map editor for FTB? MCedit fucks up block IDs hardcore because it's only meant for vanilla.

vineet

Jul 29, 2019
Um, not that I know how, butmc edit version 1.17 ( dev, unstable) will allow you to do that. You should probably wait for the the office stable version to come out. Back up your world.

VyronVass

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah,I'm using the dev version of MCEdit and it just does the work.Your modblocks will be named as "future block!" and will be purple.

Reactions: Watchful11

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
I think he means in MC Edit they will appear as a purple cube and it won't change the blocks in your world.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So, when you play minecraft the blocks will be purple?

No just inside MC since it can not render the unknown bock ID it just uses the pruple block as a place holder. In world everythign will be fine.

vineet

Jul 29, 2019
No just inside MC since it can not render the unknown bock ID it just uses the pruple block as a place holder. In world everythign will be fine.
So you just load the world onto mcedot and that is it?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So you just load the world onto mcedot and that is it?

Correct. Provided your useing the dev relase as noted above. Also I recomend making a back up first incase something does go wrong.

All mod block should show up as purple furture block. If they show up as anything else do not save the map you are using a version of MCEdit that does not support modded maps.

VyronVass

Jul 29, 2019
And before you do antything serious,the last time I checked it can't save .schematic files if you have a future block in the area you selected.

Edrosty

Jul 29, 2019
Wasn't planning on doing anything serious. I just wanna clear out an area in a backup of my world that's before I spent 5 hours doing so manually. I have to use the backup because I accidentally burned my house down, along with every barrel of resources I had, including over 2000 iridium, 5000 UU matter (2 mass fabricators running on ultimate solars and diamond dust to boost them), and over 40 stacks of almost every other metal, copper, tin, iron, gold, bronze, mixed metal, lead, xycraft aluminum, etc.

Alpha

Jul 29, 2019
I have used the MCEdit 0.1.7build420 for copying a large schematic from a Direwolf20 world to a Ultimate one. This is the development version and still untsable but can be downloaded from their website. http://www.mcedit.net/windows.html

Previous versions enacted the copy but the resultant world was unable to process the paste and thus lagged to unusability even on single player.

This version enacted the edit well and the unknown blocks even retained their values and, although purple remanifested in the new world as they were in the old.

The only issue i have seen so far is microblocks such as covers and slabs have an orientation problem... the orientate to the wrong plain and thus have to be manually corrected. Possibly a rotate before importing could correct that to some degree, although you will probably only get one orientation, so change to the direction with the most microblocks aligned I guess.

In short there is now a solution and it bodes very well for the final release of 0.1.7 so either try this ot wait in justified hope for the final release.

Regards to all

Alpha**