Open Many glitches with the SimpleVoidWorld portal to the void

• Thread starter ImHumanGetMeOutOfHere
  • Start date
I

ImHumanGetMeOutOfHere

Summary of the problem Many glitches with the SimpleVoidWorld portal to the void

Pack Version 1.2.0

What is the bug? 1. If I right click the portal to the void from my overworld to go to my void world while I have a placeable block in my hand, some visual weirdness happens:

First, for the simpler one, it actually lets me place the block. The block is placed, and the number of them in my inventory decreases, but on the other side, it replaces it in my inventory, and if I go back, the block is no longer there.

Secondly, it causes visual glitches to the blocks directly above the portal to the void that is in the void world. What is supposed to appear in my world is (from bottom upwards):
Portal to the void
4 blocks of empty space
RF Tools Powercell, all sides set to In on channel 2
Hardened energy cell - Input on top face, Output on bottom face, all others disabled, Facing North
RF Tools Powercell, all sides set to Out on channel 1

What actually shows on screen is (including on the one probe HUD):
Portal to the void
4 blocks empty space
Portal to the void
1 block empty space
RF Tools Powercell, all sides set to out on channel 1

If I then right click on any face except the top face of the bottom powercell (looks like portal to the void), the powercell reappears, however the coloured square on the inner cube that indicates whether the powercell is in input of output mode is not there. The GUI does not open on that right click, and whatever normally happens when you right click that item happens instead. If this is a block placement, it reverts as described before in the first issue. It does open if you right click it again. Note that during all this, the functionality of all the blocks affected did not change.

If I instead right click on the top face of the bottom powercell (looks like portal to the void) through the apparently empty space (should be a hardened energy cell), the powercell reappears as before, and the TE energy cell also reappears. The energy cell, however appears to lose its hardened upgrade and reverts to a basic energy cell. It does retain all the current values though, with the current fill level and current transfer speeds intact. The GUI for the bottom powercell opens on this first right click, unlike before, even through the newly appeared energy cell. On the first right click, the front face of the energy cell does not correctly show the fill level, and instead shows it empty. The One Probe also reflects this in the image in the corner of the HUD, where the durability bar that normally shows the fill level is also empty. If I then right click into the GUI of the energy cell, the visual fill level corrects itself. The One Probe HUD is still slightly glitchy, as it shows the durability bar much longer than the bar is supposed to go, since it is fuller than its normal maximum capacity. Additionally, the energy cell, throughout all this has incorrectly shown the IO Status of all its sides. All sides, except the bottom, which is output, show input. Furthermore, If you edit the transfer rates of the energy cell while it is glitched, the rate drops to 1000RF/t and cannot be increased further again. I am guessing, though I am not sure, as my base is automated and it would be awkward to test, that if the energy dropped below 8MRF, it would not be able to refill to this level again.

2. I have not been able to reliably reproduce this, but I know it has something to do with travelling to the void world through the portal:
The positions of all items in my inventory become fixed. What I mean by this is that is I move an item to a different slot, it only visually moves. The actual item is still in the original slot. Middle click to sort also doesn't work when this happens. It briefly flashes in the sorted order, then reverts to the original order. Middle clicking also makes any items that were manually moved into other slots (but aren't actually there) move visually back to their original places.

Mod & Version Simple Void World 1.2.0.9
(RF Tools 7.23)
(Thermal Expansion 5.3.9.6)

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? The first issue happens always when the steps described are done.
I can't reliably reproduce the second issue. I can't work out why it happens.

Known Fix For a visual fix (mostly) of the first issue, right click the top of the bottom powercell. In order to get the energy cell to render properly, you have to break and replace it using the crescent hammer from TE. This will also be necessary if you want to change the settings of the energy cell.
For the second issue, the only fix I've found is exit to the main menu and reload the world.

I

ImHumanGetMeOutOfHere

Log is attached

Attachments

• latest.txt
    848.4 KB · Views: 99