Many Chunks Loaded on Server Startup

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jeri

Jul 29, 2019
Hello I'm having this problem ever since updating to DW20 1.0.23 where as soon as I restart the server 625 chunks are loaded in every single world. This slows down the server until it halts unless I'm quick to use ClearLagg and do /lagg unloadchunks.

Anyone else having this problem? I have no idea what is causing it.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Well is 625 that many? That's only 25x25 chunks which is an area of about 400x400. That doesn't sound THAT big really.

Jeri

Jul 29, 2019
It's 625 chunks in all 9 worlds plus the regular 500 chunks that are always loaded in the main world.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
It's 625 chunks in all 9 worlds plus the regular 500 chunks that are always loaded in the main world.
Sounds like chunkloaders to me.
Opis can tell you what chunks are being loaded by a chunkloader, and /chunkloaders can as well.

Jeri

Jul 29, 2019
I should also note that I just reset (deleted the region files) almost all of the worlds. So there are no chunkloaders in those worlds.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the chickenchunks config has an option in the config I believe to not load any more then the spawn chunks on server restart.

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
okay, can you use Opis to check if there is any activity and what is causing that activity?

Jeri

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the chickenchunks config has an option in the config I believe to not load any more then the spawn chunks on server restart.

The chickenchunks config only mentions if mystcraft worlds will load upon server restart. I'm talking about the other worlds that come with the mod pack.

Pderuiter, I'll check opis

Jeri

Jul 29, 2019
I guess it somewhat fixes itself after a couple of minutes of the server being up. ms was really high then as the chunks started unloading by themselves it got better. Still weird that it happens. Thanks yall for the input.