Manual Launcher Update and Tug

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Due to some technical issues with the previous launcher version it is not possible for us to update using our automated update system. To get the latest version of the launcher go to the website and download the launcher for your appropriate system.

You may also notice in the new launcher version that there is a new Tug logo. Tug is a game made by one of our partners Nerd Kingdom it is an open-world sandbox-RPG using new technology and social sciences to directly involve players in the game’s design. It is still in the alpha stage of development but is available for early access purchase directly from our site at http://feed-the-beast.com/tug all proceeds go directly to Nerd Kingdom and into game development.

GDs847m.png

Arcadious

Jul 29, 2019
I was curious, the last time I started the launcher it did get stuck in an update loop, I just didn't realize the bug was that serious.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
I was curious, the last time I started the launcher it did get stuck in an update loop, I just didn't realize the bug was that serious.
The bug was actually 1 extra / in a file path during updating.. it just means we can't update the launcher without causing that issue you had for everyone. You just happened to open up at a time we didn't realise it was an issue[DOUBLEPOST=1414489164][/DOUBLEPOST]
No problems so far. Aside from the tug logo that I probably would have overlooked I'm not seeing any difference.
http://feed-the-beast.com/launcher/change-log
There are probably other bug fixes we forgot we did as well

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
The TUG team fix those performance issues yet? Not gonna pay out a dime until they are fixed.

sisho

Jul 29, 2019
I realize that. But I'm not going to pay for something I can't use.

I'm not sure what kind of PC you're working with but since I upgraded mine a while back I've had very little issues with TUG honestly. They've put out some pretty sweet updates like some goats (passive mob) and these tiger things that are aggressive. Mind you they are both pretty retarded AI wise at the moment lol. Then there is the awesome metal working updates they've started putting in as well. Now if only I could get a chest that actually opens and can store stuff haha.

Either way, if you have a DX11 compatible graphics card (One that actually runs DX11 not creates a virtual DX11) you should be fine really. I'm only running a Nvidia GTX 650 Ti which is pretty out of date now with like 900 series coming on strong, and an AMD 6300 six-core processor blah blah technical specifications. Either way my system is nowhere near top tier and I have been running TUG just fine. Besides, it's only 10 dollars for like 2 or 3 more days before they said they are planning on pushing the price up. You might as well get it now because even if you don't have the ability or plan on playing it soon, you might as well get it while it's cheap and incomplete if you ever plan on playing it in the future period...I mean come on, 10 dollars, that's an hour of work in a lot of states, and less than 2 hours in all of them lol.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Due to some technical issues with the previous launcher version it is not possible for us to update using our automated update system. To get the latest version of the launcher go to the website and download the launcher for your appropriate system.

You may also notice in the new launcher version that there is a new Tug logo. Tug is a game made by one of our partners Nerd Kingdom it is an open-world sandbox-RPG using new technology and social sciences to directly involve players in the game’s design. It is still in the alpha stage of development but is available for early access purchase directly from our site at http://feed-the-beast.com/tug all proceeds go directly to Nerd Kingdom and into game development.

GDs847m.png

I actually wound up getting this new launcher from someone in the FTB chat room who publicly sent me a link to the beta version of it. Should I update or let it automatically update itself, as it seems to be automatically updating properly.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Due to people leaving ftb and new curse client in development we are no longer developing launcher v2 directly however we do hope to bring some of the UI changed it had planned which was changed quite significantly from this video however
:O
/me slams like button harder than she slams a basketball through a hoop (which is pretty damn hard)

HangingLotus

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know if this is relevant but every time i open the launcher i am notified of an update to the launcher that is the same version as the launcher.