Mana making.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

HeavyDeception

Jul 29, 2019
Made this mana farm so i could get a lot of mana fast. But I need a way to turn it off when the pools are full any ideas?

Also if you do this next to a magical forest put up a fence.
378c2f11a1.jpg

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Looks sweet, so the Endo flower picks up the coal/charcoal that is ferried by the conveyor belt?

As for the stopping of it, I do believe that in botania, there is something that emits redstone signal when the pool is full or something.

Maybe you can run that to your setup to stop outputting the fuel when you are done?

HeavyDeception

Jul 29, 2019
Looks sweet, so the Endo flower picks up the coal/charcoal that is ferried by the conveyor belt?

As for the stopping of it, I do believe that in botania, there is something that emits redstone signal when the pool is full or something.

Maybe you can run that to your setup to stop outputting the fuel when you are done?

Hmm good point... Been working on it some more too so it now looks like this. SO I don't know which pool to connect it to lol
d39631d9aa.jpg

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
comparators can emit a redstone signal when placed next to a pool, with a redstone signal of 15 when the pool is full.

if you want to turn the build off when all pools are filled, have the spreaders first send their mana to 1 pool, and have the mana be send to other mana pools through that pool. place a comparator next to it that will emit a redstone signal of 15 when it's full, and when that first mana pool is full, it means that all the other mana pools have already been filled.

I made a similar build in my creative world a few days ago using the signal busses from Tinker's Mechworks

hUGJr5Z.png

and personally I prefer this setup for mana pool storage

FNE6tTn.png

it's probably not the most efficient, but mana is send to the distributor that send the mana to the adjacent 4 pools. the sparks ontop of those pools have the recessive augment, so it'll send all their mana to any nearby non-augmented sparks, and lastly the single pool has a dominant augment on it's spark, so it pulls mana from all the other pools

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, using sparks with augmentations you could simplify that so much. Also, you could use a single Recessive Spark on a pool that would feed all of the other pools. Therefore that pool should be the last to fill up. Use a comparator to determine when this pool is full to allow you to shut down the feeding of coal.

Ninja'd

HeavyDeception

Jul 29, 2019
comparators can emit a redstone signal when placed next to a pool, with a redstone signal of 15 when the pool is full.

if you want to turn the build off when all pools are filled, have the spreaders first send their mana to 1 pool, and have the mana be send to other mana pools through that pool. place a comparator next to it that will emit a redstone signal of 15 when it's full, and when that first mana pool is full, it means that all the other mana pools have already been filled.

FNE6tTn.png

it's probably not the most efficient, but mana is send to the distributor that send the mana to the adjacent 4 pools. the sparks ontop of those pools have the recessive augment, so it'll send all their mana to any nearby non-augmented sparks, and lastly the single pool has a dominant augment on it's spark, so it pulls mana from all the other pools

That's perfect thanks for you help and if those are the sparks I think they are I will use them to make it go faster.

HeavyDeception

Jul 29, 2019

I made a similar build in my creative world a few days ago using the signal busses from Tinker's Mechworks

hUGJr5Z.png

FNE6tTn.png

Also Some one should the the FTB web team that the rule page is down.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
That's pretty clever man, But I didn't think you needed that many spreaders.
Damn shame I don't have MFR in my pack (I feel it spoiled me a bit too much, also it's acting screwy in 1.7.10).
But that principal could be applied to any sort of live item transport, ExUtil conveyer belts should be useable in a similar manner.