making thaumium with infusion?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

redgamemaster

Jul 29, 2019
So yesterday me and a friend of mine were playing Direwolf20 pack v1.0.12 and he placed some iron in the infusion alter and it made some thaumium. We then tried it with other crucible recipes and it appears that most if not all of those recipes can be made in an infusion alter. Just thought that this was cool and wanted to share for any one that dose not know.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Holy crap. Nice. Can one place a block of Iron in and get a block of Thaumium out ?

However, if just 1x Iron Ingot to make 1x Thaumium Ingot, that's quite a bit slower than the Crucible. I prefer to make a stack of 64 Thaumium at a time in batches of 4 to 6 Thaumium per 4 to 6 iron per stack tossed at time before wanding the Crucible to purge. It makes a helluva huge mess, but I have to do just 1 big clean-up at the very end.

Reactions: RedBoss

zegoldfish328

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting... I would prefer that. The infusion alter is more exact with the essensia. left over essensia turning into flux puddles is a-nnoy-ing.

To avoid left-over essentia I use glass phials filled from the jars of essentia around my infusion altar. Most recipes can be divided up by a factor of 8 and any remainders I handle with mana beans. No more alchemy waste.

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
Man how cool is that i have to try it. I wonder why it's not in the book could it just be a bug?