makin a mod. need some feedback.

ErusPrime

Jul 29, 2019
Would you prefer to download a core mod and then different parts of the mod separately (like RP2) or would you prefer one download with a bunch of stuff you may or may not use?

ex13

Jul 29, 2019
One big download, but a config where you can disable all parts of the mod separately.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
Would you prefer to download a core mod and then different parts of the mod separately (like RP2) or would you prefer one download with a bunch of stuff you may or may not use?

It depends on the circumstances and purpose. A single download is /usually/ more helpful, if the config file can disable or tweak components that may not be necessary. In cases where a part of your mod is dependent on drastic alterations to things like WorldGen or the use of block IDs under 256, however, multiple separate downloads is probably a better idea.

Reactions: ErusPrime

ErusPrime

Jul 29, 2019
That is a helpful post. I'm new to modding. I've been trying to get something down forever but just haven't had the time. I've got a little time until august so I'm going to do something small like fix the nether and the end and add a few things that I think would be cool to have.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
The core & separate modules would be easiest for you to code & bug track, but from a purely player stand point the one big lump is best.