Solved Major Server Problems

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

smittyboi

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to start out by saying I'm not completely new at doing this kind of thing but I need another person to help me out. I installed CentOS 5.5 on a spare computer I have and I'm trying to run a server off of it with no luck, I start up the server and try to connect to it from my main computer and it tells me that this is the error I get "Connection Timed out: connect". I dont know what else I would need to give you so just let me know what would be needed to get this fixed, I'm willing to try anything.

trhollywood

Jul 29, 2019
are you behind a firewall?
Did you open the ports on the router?
Have you reset the router?
thees are good places to start

smittyboi

Jul 29, 2019
the ports are open on my router, i have configured the client and CentOS firewalls so they arent the problem, i can ping the computer so should i really have to restart the router?

trhollywood

Jul 29, 2019
i doubt that's the problem but it cant hurt. i usually run my server off a rented server at www.gamehostedservers.com so i cant really help in that area my brother went to collage for server maintenance so i ask him for help on that but those are problems most people have. you can try and run FTB off the same computer to see if it can connect to its self.

smittyboi

Jul 29, 2019
to run the client off of the server i would have to hook up a monitor keyboard and mouse, this my last possible test for it.

is there any way that java could be the problem, and if so what package(s) should i be using?

trhollywood

Jul 29, 2019
no its not the last possible test for it. but as far as my experience can take it. that would take some one else that is alot more proficient with serves and firewalls than I.