major lag issues

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

LuRcH 1992

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I have a serious issue with lag on any minecraft I play, whether it be a FTB mod pack, Tekkit mod pack or even vanilla.
I have tried so many suggestions posted on forum sites around the web and had no luck.

1st I'm gonna tell you what I know I'm running with. I'm not sure if there is a command to actually get all the info up so let me know if there is and i will post it on here.

Intel Pentium D 2.66 ghz Processor
2048MB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
NVIDIA Geforce 9600GT Graphics card
Thats all I know for my system specs, hopefully its enough to work on.

I have tried so many different tips and tricks and nothing seems to improve gameplay the slightest.
I am lucky to be getting 15 fps at max but an average is about 5 which is impossible to play with especially with lag spikes every 45 seconds and 30 second delay opening any GUI

I have set all my settings to low and this hasn't changed anything but make the game look terrible, I have installed optifine and tuned the settings in that for best performance to have like 3fps increase, I have tried changing java.exe priority to high and set affinity and still no luck, I've tried using game booster which doesnt improve it at all, I dont have any other windows open when I play MC so most the ram is being spent on running the game, i recently even tried ending the explorer process as i saw online it might improve performance but still no luck. FTB has got allocated memory at 1GB and I've tried changing that around a little to have no improvvement. all my drivers and java are up to date too.

MC is the only game that acts like this. I can play Fallout perfectly fine at around 40fps with standard settings and can play Skyrim with roughly the same.

I know minecraft is a RAM hog anyway but the only thing I can see me having to do is maybe upgrading my RAM and system to 64bit

If you guys can give me any other suggestions then please help out.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
FTB has got allocated memory at 1GB and I've tried changing that around a little to have no improvvement. all my drivers and java are up to date too. ...
I know minecraft is a RAM hog anyway but the only thing I can see me having to do is maybe upgrading my RAM and system to 64bit
If you guys can give me any other suggestions then please help out.
You do need the 64bit version of java to allocate more than 1GB to FTB or Java in general. In your list of things you have done you did not mention uninstalling and reinstalling FTB and Java. Try these steps below.
http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/9/0/basic-troubleshooting

Once done please post your console and any error log to pastebin and link them here.
http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/inde...29/1/what-log-do-you-need-where-can-i-find-it

Edit: If your processor is 64bit then all you need is to update windows 7 to 64bit. If your processor is not 64bit you will need to replace it.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
You don't have enough RAM to be adding any more to FTB. You should never have to go more than 2-3 anyway, however one will have to do in your case. If you try to give it any more, it'll take the RAM that the operating system needs and it'll crash your computer.

seannyyx

Jul 29, 2019
Your computer is crap. 32bit and 2g of ram?! Why would you even attempt to play minecraft? >.<
Upgrade to 64bit if your processor can handle it and try install more ram.

Reactions: Ashzification

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Your entire computer is likely lagging when you play. If you have a total of 2 gb of RAM, and you're giving FTB 1 GB, then you aren't leaving your computer enough of a buffer to run efficiently as it is.
Add to it that you're trying to run Minecraft (let alone FTB) which itself is a memory hog, you're asking to have low FPS.

With the information you provided, you're lucking to even get 40 fps on Fallout.

Status
Not open for further replies.