Magma slime trees!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Hey i found this today in DW's 1.10 mod :)

A Slime island in the Nether with Giant Nether slimes that drop magma creams :)

2016-12-14_21.09.28.png

And, you can grow trees in the overworld, i like the colours.

2016-12-17_10.59.44.png

Wonder if I can get slimes to spawn in over world?

-WUffle!

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Dry the magma slimeballs and eating them gives you 30 sec of fire protection. Nice for getting those 1st few blaze rods.

Nice! I had NO idea you could do that, those blazes have been giving me the absolute (bad word goes here) as I don't have very good armour at the moment.

I just like the bright colours of the magma slime trees, i'm going to try to find all of the slime trees and make a forest out of slime trees.

-Wuffle!

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Wow.

Are they properly farmable?

If so, this is going to make my Jet Fuel production chain a bit cooler...

[edit: Possibly the first reason i've seen to persuade me to leave 1.7.10 :p)

Reactions: WuffleFluffy

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Wow.

Are they properly farmable?

If so, this is going to make my Jet Fuel production chain a bit cooler...

[edit: Possibly the first reason i've seen to persuade me to leave 1.7.10 :p)

Yes they are. Planted some a little too close to my farming station and it harvested them and the saplings just fine.

V

Viperion

Something to (possibly) be aware of; fully grown slime trees actually spawn slimes on top of themselves (I know they do this for the overworld slime trees, not 100% about a magma slime tree planted in the overworld), so you may have a slime tree forest inhabited by Magma Slimes ;)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Something to (possibly) be aware of; fully grown slime trees actually spawn slimes on top of themselves (I know they do this for the overworld slime trees, not 100% about a magma slime tree planted in the overworld), so you may have a slime tree forest inhabited by Magma Slimes ;)

You say that like it's a bad thing... :cool:

V

Viperion

No, I said it's a thing to be aware of... it's an excellent way to get Magma Cream, if it does work. :D

(I'm 99% it will work that way, given the apparent rate at which Magma Cubes spawn in Deserts if Etho's Let's Play series is anything to go by...)

Reactions: Inaeo

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm now curious as to how that mechanic works exactly. If they simply spawn on the leaves, we could just shear a bunch of leaves and have an auto killer watch over it. If it requires the full tree, it becomes less appealing, but interesting enough to still offer value.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
given the apparent rate at which Magma Cubes spawn in Deserts if Etho's Let's Play series is anything to go by...)

I think that's a config setting in the HermitPack.. I'm using DW20 1.10.2 and have not seen any magma slimes in the desert right next to my base.

V

Viperion

Did a quick and dirty test last night; planted each of the three different slime trees; they all grew in the overworld fine, but none of them spawned any slimes (I waited about 2 Minecraft days) - I might be mistaken about the spawning thing. (Hermitpack, not DW)