Magician vs. Technician (PvP arena game)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
My long-time server teammate are building a PvP arena and assembling teams of people using only blood magic, thaumcraft, and other magical items/armor and a team of people using tech related weapons. We are using monster with blood magic, KAMI, witchery, and ars magica added. Any ideas for either side?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I think this might end up being quite unbalanced.

You can have all the cool tricks from all of the magic mods and i'm pretty sure a single guy in his modular powersuit, with invisibility, flight, virtual invincibility, fireproofing and a railgun will outmatch them.

Might want to put some limitations on the use of that one.

Quantum/nano armour isn't nearly as good so I guess that's fine.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
I don't agree. A guy decked out in fully upgraded blood armor using blood magic potions for flight and strength and a TT kami blade and ars magica invisibility and disarming and witchery poppets for absolute murder. I think they would be fairly well equipped...

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah didn't think about nukes, but those will probably be banned. Already thought of power suits, but a blindness disarm zone spell is kinda just as OP.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I don't agree. A guy decked out in fully upgraded blood armor using blood magic potions for flight and strength and a TT kami blade and ars magica invisibility and disarming and witchery poppets for absolute murder. I think they would be fairly well equipped...
Bound blades are much better then TT Kami swords. Especially when enchanted. Kami Swords have +9 attack? Bound Swords have +12.

ThorinNL

Jul 29, 2019
I see portable holes everywhere, but that could be a problem for magicans team as well.

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Fully charged Gravel Gun?
Yeah, forgot about that one. I'll let the tech leader know about it. When I mentioned the idea on the server everyone joined the tech team until I broke out my ars magica spells... Now I need more weapon ideas for tech -.-

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Last I heard, rust spells had a tendency to destroy unbreakable items. Since several items stored energy as damage values, rust would set the damage value to 0 thereby breaking the items. This is supposed to be addressed by multiple mod authors. I don't know if all of them have been fixed, or if the bug still affects some items.

I'm not sure how well it would work in pvp, but will shadowbeam work? Since it bounces off of blocks, it could be a pretty powerful blanket everything type weapon.

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
Bedrock swords break special armors really fast. I broke a friend's modular power suit in 2 hits with a bedrock sword. The way the sword is coded, it does damage directly to the underlying piece of armor, so it bypasses most methods of shielding to wreck the armor and then the player.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Last I heard, rust spells had a tendency to destroy unbreakable items. Since several items stored energy as damage values, rust would set the damage value to 0 thereby breaking the items. This is supposed to be addressed by multiple mod authors. I don't know if all of them have been fixed, or if the bug still affects some items.
Just trying for a fun game, not destruction of items so I'll probably disallow rust spells. Thanks for the heads up!