Magical Crops Endgame and cheap bioreactors

RuneImagiro

Jul 29, 2019
So after about two days of tinkering, I was able to set up a pretty neat self-sufficient bioreactor and generator that ended up being efficient enough to power my entire magical crops farm. Set up a harvester with tin upgrade to harvest a 9x9 field of grass that is being watered by a sprinkler on the middle block (fed by a tank which is kept full by an aqueous harvester), then use gold and diamond transport tubes to filter the trash from the things you want.

Things you want:
  • Essence Seeds should go to their own chest. After just a day or two, you'll have enough essence seeds that you'll never need to mine essence ever again.
  • Red/Yellow/Blue flowers. You can craft these into dye, which is valid biofuel. Put these in yet another separate chest
  • Seeds/Barley seeds/wheat seeds. Feed these directly into the bioreactor.

Everything else should be piped into a trash can

After all that's set up, just use the generator to power the harvester and voila! the seeds and dye (which you do from time to time have to craft by hand) will be enough to keep that harvester running forever.

After I had my bioreactor at maxium capacity/efficienty, I piped the excess power to another harvester loop, this time feeding into a planter (powered by the same generator) and diamond chest, using more gold/diamond transport to separate my essence from my seeds. This harvester and planter are also using the tin upgrade.

I will never want for Blaze Rods, Diamond, Wither Skeleton Skulls, Emerald, Ender pearls, or coal ever again! Does anybody else have an even more efficient system running for Magical Crops? Tell me what you think of mine!

Aside from infused armor, unbreakable tools, magical bread, and the protector stones, are there any endgame products that come out of magical crops? Say, something that needs the dragon egg or Wither Star?

Gnomeo

Jul 29, 2019
Magical Crops is one of my favorite mods.

My setup uses dye crops to provide power via a MFR bioreactor. The dye essence is sent round-robin to nine TE cyclic assemblers each set to a different dye color. Dye crops are tier 1 in Magical Crops, so the first crop you make can serve as a power source throughout your progression.

There isn't much more in terms of products to make other than those you mentioned, unless you count the decorative blocks.

RuneImagiro

Jul 29, 2019
I'll need to look into those cyclic assemblers. Sounds like a great way to take the manual step out of turning flowers into dye!