Magic pack & FTB pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
Dear FTB community,

I was just wondering about the following. At home I have a LAN server running the "standard" FTB pack (Beta version).

If I'd want to also check out the Magic pack, do I simply select that in the FTB launcher and a new instance/world will be made?

Additionally, can I simply switch between the different instances/worlds easily or would you suggest I use MultiMC for that end?

Thanks,
Bel*.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Dear FTB community,

I was just wondering about the following. At home I have a LAN server running the "standard" FTB pack (Beta version).

If I'd want to also check out the Magic pack, do I simply select that in the FTB launcher and a new instance/world will be made?

Thanks,
Bel*.

That is exactly what it does.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, on the client side, the Magic Pack and the Beta pack can exist side-by-side.

Shouldn't need to say it, but to put the magic pack on your server, you will need to redownload and re-set it up.

Reactions: damnedsky

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, on the client side, the Magic Pack and the Beta pack can exist side-by-side.

Shouldn't need to say it, but to put the magic pack on your server, you will need to redownload and re-set it up.

I figured as much for the server-side indeed. I take it that's just a matter of downloading the server pack off the FTB download section?

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
I figured as much for the server-side indeed. I take it that's just a matter of downloading the server pack off the FTB download section?
Yup, but again, if you're running them on the same machine, you can't run the two servers concurrently on default settings. You'll need to change the ports around a bit. Other than that, you should be fine.

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, but again, if you're running them on the same machine, you can't run the two servers concurrently on default settings. You'll need to change the ports around a bit. Other than that, you should be fine.

I wasn't intending to have two servers running concurrently but rather have them both on the same Linux box so I can run whichever server I want to play on (BETA FTB or Magic World) since I do like the magic pack :)