Magic, magic everywhere!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
P

PrometheusUnbound

So, I am still fairly new to FTB. But I have tried a fair few of the packs and have a basic idea of which ones I like and which ones I dislike.

I have discovered that I am a fan of any pack that has magic mods in it. Especially the "Mage Quest" mod pack
But, I have a question for other magic mod fans out there...

Which mods do you think complement the mods already found in, say, Mage Quest or similar packs? Mods that you may have added yourself.
I am looking for mods that fit the atmosphere of the Mage Quest mods.

It is not a case of Mage Quest being lacking. In fact, I would say it is near perfect. But me, being myself, cannot help but want to take things that few steps further.

Thank you in advance,

P.U

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
There was actually a bit of conversation about adding in applied energistics, disabling energy creation (vibration chambers) and adding Thaumic Energistics to power it. Scrapped for being way too techy and making Thaumcraft almost mandatory, but definitely cool if you're throwing balance to the wind.

Reactions: PrometheusUnbound

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
Other mod ideas-

Ars Magicka 2- it had no dev in release and was pretty buggy back then.

Forbidden Magic

Thaumic Horizons
More were considered, but were lost in a migration to Slack. That's what I can remember, At least :p

Reactions: PrometheusUnbound
P

PrometheusUnbound

I have taken a look at them now. They all look excellent. And i think anything that adds to Thaumcraft is worth giving a look at, so those mods are a must.
Thank you Bashful Giant.