Machine That Converts Ingots to other Mod Packs Ingots?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
The "Storage Drawers" mod also has a "unify" feature built-in, and it is very nice to have. Simply create a Storage Drawer and insert your preferred ingot type, for instance, Thermal Expansion (TE) Lead Ingot. Do not have a Storage Drawer with any other type of Lead Ingot. Now, every time ANY type of lead ingot comes into the Drawer Controller, the mod will automatically convert it and put it into the TE Storage Drawer. It works with other item as well, its not just limited to ingots (such as IC2 dusts and TE pulverized materials being equivalents).

If you don't want certain items to be "unified" - a good example being IC2 Rubber and MFR Rubber Bars, which each have their own uses - then just create a Storage Drawer for each item, and the mod will route those items into their respective Drawers without converting them.

For us "neat freaks", having the Unify feature built-in and requiring no work on the part of the player, it's an invaluable asset that makes Storage Drawers an almost 'must-have' mod for early game base organization.
Every time I think I can't like Storage Drawers any more, it goes and proves me wrong...

Yes, you'll need a drawer (or drawer slot) for each unique item you want. However, that's no different than barrels, and organization/automation is FAR easier with drawers. One storage bus is all it takes...

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't want certain items to be "unified" - a good example being IC2 Rubber and MFR Rubber Bars, which each have their own uses - then just create a Storage Drawer for each item, and the mod will route those items into their respective Drawers without converting them.
There isn't anything in the network code to actually support this. If it behaved that way, I would call it an accident. Or those two items weren't actually unifying because of something ambiguous in the ore dictionary. But it's a really good idea that I think would be feasible to support.

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
There isn't anything in the network code to actually support this. If it behaved that way, I would call it an accident. Or those two items weren't actually unifying because of something ambiguous in the ore dictionary. But it's a really good idea that I think would be feasible to support.
That would be excellent IMO as it is really easy to accidentally oredict something you don't intend to this way by assigning multiple drawers(ofc its often reversible). And if you automate the input of items through the controller you would end up with all the items oredicting into one kind instead of remaining their original variant.
For example the other day I was puzzled why I only had 64 TC Amber after a month of quarrying. Turned out I had a drawer of BoP Amber closer to the controller :p

Guthatron

Jul 29, 2019
Just thought I'd add that theres also the Forge Lexicon. I know its not a machine but if you empower it every ingot you pick up will be converted. I think you can also wear it in a bauble slot.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Actually, I can't think of anything you'd specifically need MFR or IC2 rubber over the other for. IC2 rubber smelts into plastic, and MFR rubber insulates copper cable. At least as long as the OreDictionary is behaving itself.

I find myself wishing Chisel had an OreDictionary option sometimes. I know it does for Limestone and marble, but I like the look of some steel blocks better than others.

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
That would be excellent IMO as it is really easy to accidentally oredict something you don't intend to this way by assigning multiple drawers(ofc its often reversible). And if you automate the input of items through the controller you would end up with all the items oredicting into one kind instead of remaining their original variant.
For example the other day I was puzzled why I only had 64 TC Amber after a month of quarrying. Turned out I had a drawer of BoP Amber closer to the controller :p
This change is now in the latest release (1.7.8). As long as you're not managing your controller through Logisitics Pipes or Automagy, since those integrations are not aware of new APIs yet.

Reactions: rhn