LWJGL Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killjoy1221

Jul 29, 2019
While the Feed the Beast launcher is nice, I have one problem with it. I run Linux. Because of that, I have to manually update LWJGL to the latest v2.8. I've seen the update LWJGL to latest option in the ftblaunch.cfg a while ago, but it's gone now. All that did anyway was update LWJGL when there was an update to minecraft or the mod, anyway.

What I'm asking is to have a version of the latest LWJGL, 2.8.*, and have an option to download that instead of the stock version. It would make running on linux a whole lot easier.

ncreen_same

Jul 29, 2019
I agree this is a cool idea.
But if you go into /home/{Mindcrack,Direwolf20,*}/minecraft/ you can see all the binaries you might want to replace.

I am really not sure why mojang refuses to yield to the demand to update LWJGL more often...

Lost Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Gets my vote.

And/Or perhaps have the option on pack update to only update changed files, rather than in essence a whole new pack downloaded.

Komoden

Jul 29, 2019
I agree this is a cool idea.
But if you go into /home/{Mindcrack,Direwolf20,*}/minecraft/ you can see all the binaries you might want to replace.

I am really not sure why mojang refuses to yield to the demand to update LWJGL more often...

The reason why Mojang has not been updating LWJGL is probably both history (usually the reason when developing software) and the fact that the current released version of LWJGL doesn't support Java 7 on OSX.
The Mojang team have been working with the Mac people in the LWJGL community to get it fixed, and it is coming along nicely.
The statements from Mojang that users of OSX 10.5 should expect Minecraft to stop working in the near future is (i suspect) strongly related to this coming LWJGL update

Status
Not open for further replies.