Luminators Help!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

thetravis0916

Jul 29, 2019
I have luminator pillars on the corners of my house but only the back pillars work the front ones keep flickering then go out even if the are constantly powered. Please look at the screen shots (behind the splitter cable is a bat box). Is the copper cable to long and if you have a better idea please tell me. or what is kinda like luminators but better tell me.

2012-12-12_15.33.38.png

2012-12-12_15.38.00.png

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Your copper line is way too long for one. After 4 blocks, copper cable starts losing EU. Throw a couple bat boxes in-line, and that should help, not to mention buffer the EU for the luminators. They do take quite a bit of power to fully charge up, but a full charge will run them for a bit over 2 minecraft days I believe.

Depending on how many blocks your line is traveling, you could have very little power left by the time it reaches the luminator.

4 copper cables, bat-box, repeat.

*edit*
If you plan on running multiple machines in addition to lights, I would recommend using medium voltage wiring and MFE, then step down to low voltage and bat-box when it runs to the lighting columns. You have quite a few lights to be powered by a single 32 EU line.
*/edit*

thetravis0916

Jul 29, 2019
O maybe ill just do glow stone because thats alot of bat boxes. is there a better light source? also right now i have an mfe. is there a better cable to use strait from the mfe that isnt fibre

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
The copper cables length is eating at the EU it carries, but the luminators only need I think .25 EU/t to light. It is most likely the fact that they also have a 10k EU storage that is getting taken by all the front ones trying to top themselves off, depending on how long you have kept this running the last ones should begin to fill up and stay on as some of the others fill up.

You can just use 1 or 2 batboxes. It is okay if you run it past 4 cables, you just have to acknowledge that there is some wasted energy, however it is still more than enough energy for the luminators to run. Also from the wiki the 10k EU storage lasts about 2 minecraft days of light

thetravis0916

Jul 29, 2019
Could i put a regular solar panel on top of the corners of each one directly connected to the copper cable?

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
You mean have the solar panel connected directly to the luminators? As in next to them? Sure. but know that you might want to used advanced solar panels so that you have better output and so it can travel farther, the basic solar panel only generates at 1 EU/t which means after 4 copper cable it is 0.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Iuminator will work with all the cables, however it can only accept up to low voltage. So really you could set up a small array of basic solar panels and power all the luminators with tin wire as it doesn't lose power until 40 blocks. You would need 1 solar panel for every 4 luminators though.

CrafterOfMines57

Jul 29, 2019
4 copper cables, bat-box, repeat.
That is waaaay too many bat-boxes, a lesser known fact of IC2 is that it is possible to completely negate cable loss though the use of LV transformers. It works like this, you need 2 LV Transformers per every 1 eu lost through cables, in this case 5* copper cables(they lose 1 eu every 5 cables, not every 4 (EDIT: I'm not actually certain on this anymore, the wiki says 5, but I don't know about that in game)) so it would look like -----|_||_|-----, where - is a copper cable, and |_| is an LV Transformer. The Transformer that is receiving the energy first must have its side with 3 dots opposite of the cables connected to its 1 one dot side, and a redstone signal of some kind must be applied to it. The Transformer that is not the first one (receiving power second) must have its 3 dot side touch the first Transformer's 3 dot side, and it must not have a direct redstone signal applied to it, then it will transmit LV power out of any of the 1 dot faces. Assuming you understood that, this allows for infinitely repeatable, cheap (12 copper, 6 sticky resin, and 12 wood for 3 LV Transformers), lossless cabling.

thetravis0916

Jul 29, 2019
Are the solar arrays an would that work? Or mabye ill use an energy crystal or re-battery when they need charging.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Wrathlamps produce light in a huge circle. 12 radius light around it before it is low enough to spawn mobs, and it cast this light straight down for about 30 blocks making it so much easier to light high ceilings.

Reactions: thetravis0916

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
wrathlamps take no power. They are difficult to create though. You have to use the factorization mods stamper to create diamond shards and use that with nether brick to create a wrath lighter... you use that on iron blocks placed in the world to create dark iron and you use that dark iron with the lighter to create the lamps. It is best if you look on YouTube or the mods forum page to see the exact process.

Reactions: thetravis0916

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
No, the assembly table is for buildcraft not factorization.

this video shows the block and how to make it, but not the diamond shard making part however. You can at least see what it can do.