Lua errors

MrBrunty

Jul 29, 2019
Lately I have been having an issue with someone writing/importing a program which crashes my server. There is no crash report to post however there are several thousand lines of console errors like this (I won't bore you with it all as it is extremely repetitive)

http://pastebin.com/CYHdRWam

From what I can understand, its something to do with coroutines and the wait. To those of you who understand computercraft your now thinking... god this kid is stupid, thats all he could figure out? xD

So anyway I went through every program looking for something referencing coroutines and found nothing, so I just deleted all the programs and put it back up. 2 days later same crash and again I cant find any of the programs, I will leave a zip of all the programs as well if you particularly want to look through (the majority are simply turtle attack commands)

Basically, can anyone tell me exactly what is happening, what i need to look for in the programs (or elsewhere if they arent even relevant) and if there is anything I can do to prevent issues like this happening again in the future, your help would be greatly appreciated

Brunty

Attachments

• Programs.zip
    73.8 KB · Views: 48

MrBrunty

Jul 29, 2019
I have found the solution to this issue so for anyone else this is the exact problem:

It is to do with MCPC+ and coroutines, so if you're running mcpc+ you have to stop people including them, notably using sleep () was the actual cause in my case, though it has a relatively low chance of crashing the server, but when its used in basic attact programs which loop every second it can cause frequent crashes, so try stopping people using it and you won't have a problem.

A big shout out to Vat21s for helping me solve this issue!