Problem Low Overall TPS when all dimensions are 100%?

KHthe8th

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I'm running into a strange issue where all active dimensions are at 100% tps yet the overall tps is still around 60-70%. This seems to defy reason and I'm wondering if any of you know why this is happening / anything I can do to fix it? I'm on 1.6.2 using the /tps command from server tools

Thanks.

Picture of what I'm talking about

tps.png

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Accurate compared to what though? Clearly its not accurate if its showing 20 in every dimension but overall is less than 20.

KHthe8th

Jul 29, 2019
yea someone said it might be because some things run on the main server thread and not their dimension thread so they will affect overall only. Not sure how true this is though

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
I am not sure that I am 100% right on this, but when using bechill tps it gives the (ms) for each age as well as its tps - which have a direct relationship (anything over 50ms is going to come up as a sub 20tps result). So each age may satisfy a sub 50ms / 20tps result, but accumulated to a total the result will be higher, the reason why overall comes out as a lower tps while each age individually does not. Its early, I am still drinking my 1st cup & I hope that made sense :p

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
yea someone said it might be because some things run on the main server thread and not their dimension thread so they will affect overall only. Not sure how true this is though
The main server thread includes all ages on the server. It would be nice if Minecraft were multi-threaded, but it isn't yet.
Is it possible that an external application is eating your CPU?
Otherwise, do you have any profiling tools to see the total entity count and loaded chunk count? (If you don't, I recommend the aPerf mod).

KHthe8th

Jul 29, 2019
Turns it I was leaking worlds so I switched from forge to mcpc+ and I'm able to have pretty consistent 18 tps+ overall now :D