low FPS

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

undeaddean

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
low FPS
Launcher Version:
v1.4.7
Modpack:
feed the beast infinity
Modpack Version:
v1.70
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
hi i have a pc with i have 8GB of Ram witch i have have put 7GB of Ram to FTB but when i log online i am getting onlt 20FPS in game what can i do?

i have the settings on fast,clouds off
everything on low

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
set the amount of RAM that ftb uses to 4 GB max, then make sure that vsync is off and that max fps is set to unlimited

Reactions: idjmleader

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, you may have allocated more RAM but you may also need to increase your permgen limit or whatever it is that lets your computer put more towards terrain Gen so your computer may have trouble pulling the chunks from the server

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Hmm, you may have allocated more RAM but you may also need to increase your permgen limit or whatever it is that lets your computer put more towards terrain Gen so your computer may have trouble pulling the chunks from the server

No, permgen setting is not related with chunk generation. And no, I have not seen any proof that increasing permgen makes tps/fps higher. It just controls how much memory can be used by classes and interned strings.

Also if user has java 8 permgen settings are not used anymore.