Windows .exe Low FPS with low hardware usage

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Lucasmontec

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, lets get right to it (I'm sorry if this is too common, but I can't find answers):
Minecraft seems to be a bosta when it comes to rendering. The problem I've got is that in open world my FPS is around ~70 up to ~90... using ~20 to ~30% of the GPU and 60~90% of CPU. When I'm im my base though, the FPS lowers to 20, 15 some times less then 10. The system doesn't change usage, it still uses the same 27% GPU and less than 70% CPU.

I have both integrated GPU and a HD 5770 card. My cpu is a AMD Phenom II x2 555 clocked at 3.2GHz (factory) with an stable overclock to 3.7 GHz. I have 4GB RAM. I run minecraft always full screen, that seems to improve FPS significantly, and I use Optifine HD U D5. In game I use render distance Normal + 48, reducing didn't seem to improve much (at max 5 FPS gain), fancy opengl, maxfps. I do choose to render the leaves with transparency.

One thing I noticed is that machines seem to render even when you cant see them, like if the game optimization for rendering only does backface culling and no visgroups calculation at all... dinamic vis nodes in a voxel game would be very hard to do, though rendering all machines in my base at all times seems to be quite heavy.

I have tried some JVM arguments, even those suggested in this forum. The deal with that is that only improves memory management, having little effect on rendering. I've heard that some people where having trouble with minecraft beeing rendered using the integrated card, I don't think that is my problem but I wish it was since it would be easier to solve.

Other info:
I play multiplayer, the server isn't on my pc.
I have alocated 2GB RAM, 2.25GB RAM and 1.25GB RAM all three having almost the same performance.
Multicore chuck loading.

Well, the main question is:
Why my FPS gets so low if the system isn't beeing used to max?

other questions:
The problem is my system? It is weak?
Can it be a CPU bottle-neck? Even if the CPU isn't at 100%?
Does anyone else suffers with that? I mean, my system seems good enough at least to get 40 FPS in that situation...
Does the problem lies on minecraft code? Bad OpenGL coding?
Where do we come from? Where are we going to? What is the meaning of life? What is the secret of the universe?