Windows .exe Low FPS on FTB since upgrading to 64 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodyHat

Jul 29, 2019
I have being having low FPS on feed the beast since updating to a 64 bit version of windows. I have tried various methods to fix this problem, including;
Re-installing Java
Updating my drivers
Restoring my graphics cards settings to default
Re-installing Feed the beast
The list goes on. If anyone has a solution to my problem it would be greatly appreciated.
My System Specs:
See Attached file

Attachments

• BlooddyHat Computer specs.txt
    34.1 KB · Views: 114

bob marley

Jul 29, 2019
try adding this to the laucher java startup options -XX:MaxPermSize=512m 512 can be changed to 128 give that a go and report back

BloodyHat

Jul 29, 2019
It causes no noticeable difference. FPS still fluctuates between 5 FPS and 15 FPS.
Also, FPS doesn't change when I alter the graphical settings.
And its worth mentioning that i have seen a dramatic decrease in FPS for my other games as well.

JamieKG

Jul 29, 2019
I have being having low FPS on feed the beast since updating to a 64 bit version of windows. I have tried various methods to fix this problem, including;
Re-installing Java
Updating my drivers
Restoring my graphics cards settings to default
Re-installing Feed the beast
The list goes on. If anyone has a solution to my problem it would be greatly appreciated.
My System Specs:
See Attached file

Did you install a 64 bit version of java ?

you can get it from here http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

WitherSauce

Jul 29, 2019
If your seeing a decrease in FPS in other games then i would guess its a driver conflict, bad settings, or damaged hardware maybe.

Try fully uninstalling the nvidia drivers using a program such as driver cleaner. Make sure no trace of the driver is left, then reinstall.

In terms of settings, what power plan are you on? It could be that your power is being throttled, long shot but try it anyways.

The nuclear option is to create a dual boot system, and install windows 7 32 bit along side win 7 64 bit. If you get better fps in the 32 bit, then you can at least rule out hardware failure. Then i would try another copy of windows 7 64 bit if you can, do a total reformat and reinstall.

BloodyHat

Jul 29, 2019
Did you install a 64 bit version of java ?

My Java is 64 bit, That was one of the first things I checked. Thanks for the feedback though.

Try fully uninstalling the nvidia drivers using a program such as driver cleaner. Make sure no trace of the driver is left, then reinstall.
I'll try it, but the problems seem to be with the processor. e.g. The processor running at 80 - 100% when I am playing.

JamieKG

Jul 29, 2019
in the past I have had issues were my 32 bit java was newer then my 64 bit and the game used 32 bit to run

bob marley

Jul 29, 2019
hmm ok go through the nvidia setting and make sure all setting that have the option are set to let application control

BloodyHat

Jul 29, 2019
Re-installing the nvidia drivers bumped it up to an average 15 FPS. But it's still not as good as when I was running on 32 bit windows.

BloodyHat

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I think I have found a solution. Apparently my graphics card doesn't work as well on a 64bit system, so I'm saving up to buy a new graphics card. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.