Casual Server Looking to start a small FTB Ultimate server

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Was this informative enough for you? If not, please explain why in a post below!

• Yes

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Where is the TL;DR?

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Tentacle hentai!

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • potatosquirrel420trlolznyancatzdotheharlemshake

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

CyrusKalevra

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if this is the wrong section, I honestly don't know where to put this D:!

So, I basically just got a subscription, so I can finally play with other people, but every server thread I look at just doesn't appeal to me. I'd like to find a few older people to play with on a small server. I'll even find a nice low cost way to host it, an possibly pay for it myself, while I save up to build a new computer.

Basically, I'd just like to meet a few people and see how we function. I might even want to start a lets play series using the server as a means to make it interesting.

So to start, I'd just like you to post a little bit about yourself. I'll start, so anyone reading this can get a general feel for the type of guy I am.

My name is Cyrus, or Rj, I am 22, I live in the USA, in a very very small town in Virginia called Poquoson, where I am the darkest skinned person in the entire town, so I don't really leave the house much outside of going to work, because it's sort of awkward. I'm an intellectual type, with some stoner tendencies, but I don't push those things on other people. My humor has been defined as "Dry", "Lewd", and "Sometimes dark/morbid." My favorite color is purple, and my best friend is a computer, basically. I like anime, and of course, other video games, but I don't much care for first person shooters, unless it's something like Boarderlands(1 or 2) even though I don't have a console to play those kinds of things on.

I got into minecraft when I saw a video on youtube detailing the sort of structures you could build, and shortly after I discovered Direwolf20's lets play series, which of course led to the discovery of the FTB modpack. I mostly play minecraft because of how much you can do, I doubt I could get bored at all, even after a year, because after I've built everything I might want to build, I'll surely find more to do. And if I ever did get bored, I could simply start a brand new world, and begin exploring again. I'm relatively nooby though, when it comes to actually playing, and I'm very cautious 'cause I hate to die, so I spend most of my time in the mines.

My favorite mods in the mod pack have to be NEI, because it keeps everything orderly, and I could never manage to remember every recipe there is in the game, even if it were just vanilla minecraft. Also, because NEI allows me to find out where all the scary monsters spawn, so I can put down torches everywhere for a good 18 chunk cluster without anything that spawns. After that, I like Xycraft, simply because of the blocks that Soaryn has already put in, and how awesome they look, I love to build structure with them because it makes it look pretty. Lastly, I'd have to say my other favorite mod is applied energistics, because it allows you to pack so many things into a small small space. I

'm somewhat symmetry obsessed, sort of like Death the Kid. It has to at least look symmetrical to me if I build it, and when I build, I like it small to start out with, and then expand upon it....

I think that's about it for now. If you've managed to read all of this, then please do at least give me a hello, because I'd hate to have wasted time typing all this up without anyone at least posting that.

Also, if you want, you can throw in an alternate way to contact you instead of the forum, just so I can have an easier time, it would be much appreciated.

THANKS FOR READING, hope to read your replies soon.

JackHD

Jul 29, 2019
If you can manage to host a server I will play with you definitely, you wouldn't need much RAM for only 1-3 people :)

CyrusKalevra

Jul 29, 2019
I was actually thinking of investing in a server instead, so it wouldn't fall on anyone to host the server.

JackHD

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, when you get one up message me the IP, my ign is: waffleman9999

EDIT: I recommend CreeperHost as a host for your server, cheap and good quality :)

CyrusKalevra

Jul 29, 2019
Well, just tell me about yourself, dude. I'll decide whether or not you're the kind of person I'd like on the server~!

Vendetta

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there, Cyrus.

I'm Matt, I'm a student from the UK who has had a passion for gaming for a number of years.

I've been playing FTB for a few months now and before that I played tekkit a lot.
I'll be able to come on to your server frequently, as I have a lot of spare time on my hands.
I'd love to meet new people and show off my builds, I've had bad experience with finding a good server with preferably no banned items.

My IGN is vend_tta
If you would like to add me on skype, it's the same as my IGN.

Thanks.

Jaxacoola

Jul 29, 2019
Hey man, my name's Jack, I'm 16 and come from the UK, I'm looking for a little server with a nice community to record my youtube videos on. I'm a sensible guy, and a pretty good builder too! I naturally help other people out, and contribute well to the servers I am on. I play very regularly, and my IGN is: jaxacoola

I look forward to hearing from you!

www.youtube.com/breoboy

AllCanadianNinja

Jul 29, 2019
Well my name's Andrew, I have been playing FTB for a while now and before that I played tekkit and technic. I want to join a nice little server where you can do things together instead of by yourself. Most large servers I join I end up bassically playing single player. Anyways I am good with most mods and if I don't know something I search it up. I could come on the server fairly frequently. I always help people out when they need it like giving new players stuff.

IGN: AllCanadianNinja Hopefully cya soon

CyrusKalevra

Jul 29, 2019
I see a lot of prospect here! I like most of the applications due to how short and to the point they are. I've no update on the server yet, because I get paid on Wednesday, but I'm sure I will have it soon. Do either of you last two have Skype?

Primordium

Jul 29, 2019
Hello my name is Bruno, I'm a student of biology in Portugal in my spare time I like to play minecraft, usually I play single because I'm tired of trying servers only to get my stuff stolen. About me I like to help others, work together and do arquitect large buildings and systems although english is not my native language I can speak it.
IGN: zeca_maria
P.S: I do have skype (hammercrush1) but usually I prefer to use other voice chat programs like TeamSpeak or RaidCall.

CyrusKalevra

Jul 29, 2019
Hello my name is Bruno, I'm a student of biology in Portugal in my spare time I like to play minecraft, usually I play single because I'm tired of trying servers only to get my stuff stolen. About me I like to help others, work together and do arquitect large buildings and systems although english is not my native language I can speak it.
IGN: zeca_maria
P.S: I do have skype (hammercrush1) but usually I prefer to use other voice chat programs like TeamSpeak or RaidCall.
And it seems like you speak it pretty well, in my opinion. Those were well put together sentences, good sir.

CyrusKalevra

Jul 29, 2019
Ooooo a scottish guy, I've only ever met one other Scottish guy! I think I might HAVE to include the Scottish one....

I feel like a kid in a candy store, there are just so many different kinds of people to choose from....

Reactions: Hugh Bellamy

AllCanadianNinja

Jul 29, 2019
Man I think almost everyone is from a different country. I think I'll make a quick list.

Countries:
Canada- AllCanadianNinja
United Kingdom- Vendetta Jaxacoola
USA- CyrusKalevra
Scotland- Hugh Bellamy
Spain- Primordium

Only two people live in the same country out of 6. I think thats pretty good odds. :)

SfGkrylle

Jul 29, 2019
Hey not sure if you have picked some people yet but I feel exactly the same way with joining large servers and if I could find a few people to play with it would be great.

My name is Justin and i am from Canada. I am 17 years old and I have been playing the direwolf20 modpack since shortly after christmas. I don't miss any of his episodes either. If I was to pick a favorite mod I would have to say the extra bees.

Also if you want me to play on your server I also have another guy who might be interested in playin but he doesn't play nearly as much as I do. We have been friends since I was 5. We have just been playing on the tiny server my computer can produce. Also Cyrus we have some pretty similar personalities, especially my friend.

I have Skype and any other way of communication doesn't bother me. My Internet connection is pretty good and is wired.

I do hope you consider even though I know this is a few days late.

Justin

CyrusKalevra

Jul 29, 2019
Nah you're not late. Haven't completely decided who all will be joining us, and I haven't gotten the server JUST YET, but I will be doing so very soon. Feel free to add me on skype, cyrus.kalevra.

ColdCrater

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is too late, but I decided I would post here anyway.

My name's Jake, I'm 16 and I've lived in Oklahoma in the US for most of my life, I used to live in Indiana when I was little and I might be moving back this summer. I am a redhead and I've got a red beard as well. I've been told I look like a lumberjack haha. I've played Minecraft since Beta 1.6.6 and I've played on a vanilla server for a year or two now. I first found Minecraft watching the Yogscast, since then I've found other great Let's Players like the Mindcrack Team and I occasionally watch Direwolf. I would love to be able to play on a small server with a bunch of friends. I have Skype and TeamSpeak too.

IGN: Sloril

Jul 29, 2019
Really hope I'm not too late. I have been looking for a server like this for a long time.
IGN: BigTexas101417
I'm from the U.S. Texas specifically, but I just moved to Denver, Colorado. I have played Minecraft since early beta, Tekkit for months, and then FTB for a little less than a year. I have managed both a vanilla server, and a FTB server, but my hard drive on my server desktop died a bit ago, so I'm looking for a small community that is serious about FTB.
Like I said, I have played FTB for a long time, and I'm familiar with almost every mod. My specialty is tech mods, automated mining, and I have a basic understanding of LUA.
I can't play for hours on end, but I can log in just about every day.
I don't have a skype(I have used teamspeak in the past), but I am willing to get one.
If are thinking seriously about my joining your server, please email me: [email protected]
Thanks for the consideration, and good luck with the server!

dem0n123

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: Dem0n123 (the 0 is a zero)
I've been looking for a server like this for a while because minecraft is always more fun with a few well known people. It is hard because i'm more mature than most people my age and hate the whiners and people who think its cool if you swear every 4 seconds. I love to play with the tech mods and build crazy machines mostly. I try to build good looking houses (emphasis on TRY) i usually start in a box and mine then either build a bigger box (ssp) or build a huge freaking crazy house in a mountain that i have trouble filling with machines. So i think it would be fun to possibly build with someone that is good at building stuff and yet doesn't ask me "why does that one pipe thingy have a red box on it". I'm fine helping any1 out with understanding the mods but just not the entirety of the pack. In short i think it would be great to be able to play with a small community like you guys. (btw I'm not opposed to help paying for it as i said I'm 17 and have nothing else to spend it on really) and i have skype, raid call, mumble, and can get anything else. I have a nice mic in my headset (http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/razer-tiamat-71)
my email is [email protected]