Looking to fill a CO-Owner Spot and a Developer Spot on my server

iRefine

Jul 29, 2019
Hello players of FTB!

My name is iRefine and I currently run a FTB Unleashed server that goes by the name of FTB-World. We are a fairly new server that opened up on September 2, 2013. So far the server has been a great success with an average of anywhere from 30-90 players on with our current all time high of 94 players on at once. We currently have 8 helpers, and 6 mods to help staff the server but I need two people to fill the higher up positions on my server. We are looking for someone to become a developer (Paid based on work) on our server which would be someone who can make possible fixes for us and develop plugins for us. We are also looking for a Co-Owner to help me run every day business on the server.

If you are interested in being a developer I ask that you fill out this application so I can see if you are fit for the job.

Username :
Do you have skype :
How much time a week can you dedicate to development on the server :
Why do you think you should be chosen as a developer on FTB-World :
Explain what bukkit is :
Explain what a plugin is :
What plugins have you worked with :
Have you been a developer before :
Can you code in the Java Language :
Can you code HTML/CSS
Please provide proof of some of your coding experience :

If you are interested in being a Co-Owner I ask that you fill out this application so I can see if you are fit for the job.

Username :
Do you have skype :
How much time a week can you dedicate to helping run the server :
Why do you think you should be chosen as a Co-Owner on FTB-World :
What staff positions have you had on other servers :
What do you know about running a server :

That is all I really ask you to fill out, if you complain about the application being too much then you aren't fit for the job. If you dont feel comfortable putting out some of the information in the application you can also email me your application at [email protected].

You can also contact me via my website : http://www.ftb-world.com/

I would really enjoy finding some people to help me on our server.

Thanks,
iRefine
FTB-World Founder & Owner

George Duggan

Jul 29, 2019
Username : MrGeorge547
Location/Timezone : British summer time g
Do you have skype : Yes
How much time a week can you dedicate to helping run the server : everyday
Why do you think you should be chosen as a Co-Owner on FTB-World : i think i should be chosen as a co - owner because i am trust worthy and help full i am also loyal and inaddition fair
What staff positions have you had on other servers : Admin on my cousins server, Co - owner on my girlfriends brothers server
What do you know about running a server : what i know about running a server is being fair to other people and also helping people who need it

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Might look into helping you but: "8. No buy selling or unsolicited advertising of items or services on the forums."

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
"Paid based on work".

Personally looking on forums for a co-owner is normally a very bad idea as you have no real clue if what the person telling you is correct. As for a dev if you get the source code you can read threw it yourself and make sure it does not do something crazy ie oping himself destroying files etc. I have made mods and plugins for contract before but that was always private communication and they came to me. The one issue you will get as soon as you state you will pay you will get a ton of people who just want the money and really don't have a clue about programming for Minecraft/Bukkit(MCPC).

Its a very different way of coding you have to do for MCPC then for Bukkit then what you do for personal use. For things on my server everything is hard-coded because if I need to change something I just recompile but if I was releasing my stuff to the public that would be a terrible practice as the end user have no way to change anything (Item ids for example).

Personally I find it a bit strange your looking for a co-owner from these forums instead of talking to people you know on your own server (30 on when I looked so I assume you at least had more convos with them then anyone you randomly find on here). You also don't state what the co-owner will be doing. Also I can't find what kind of server you are running (I have not physically logged on). But from looking at the donation benefits it must be PVE only (god command/spawnmob (enderdragon much?)).

Reactions: Staxed

infizl

Jul 29, 2019
Username : infizl
Location/Timezone : eastern, florida
Do you have skype : yes (infizl)
How much time a week can you dedicate to helping run the server :20 hours or more depending on the week
Why do you think you should be chosen as a Co-Owner on FTB-World : Ive run many server and currently am even running my own and i believe that if i can merge with another server it will help me out with mine and the other persons at the same time
What staff positions have you had on other servers : Admin, Owner, Everything you can think of
What do you know about running a server : Basicly everything because i run my own and current am employed by a server host company as tech-support/everything else. (elitefpsgames.com)[DOUBLEPOST=1379383976][/DOUBLEPOST]
How much time a week can you dedicate to helping run the server :20 hours or more depending on the week
Why do you think you should be chosen as a Co-Owner on FTB-World : Ive run many server and currently am even running my own and i believe that if i can merge with another server it will help me out with mine and the other persons at the same time
What staff positions have you had on other servers : Admin, Owner, Everything you can think of
What do you know about running a server : Basicly everything because i run my own and current am employed by a server host company as tech-support/everything else. (elitefpsgames.com)

20 hours a week based on working a few hours daily but not constantly because i have to work and do school work

George Duggan

Jul 29, 2019
What do you know about running a server : Basicly everything because i run my own and current am employed by a server host company as tech-support/everything else. (elitefpsgames.com)[DOUBLEPOST=1379383976][/DOUBLEPOST]

20 hours a week based on working a few hours daily but not constantly because i have to work and do school work
so who has it