Looking forward to 1.6

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
My opinins:

-Horses-If I want them I can get a mod called Mo'Cretaures

-Carpets-Redpower and Immibus add something called "microblocks"

-New clay blocks-If I want new blocks I can add them my self

-New zombies-Terrible

-New coal block- Finnaly something good.

1.5 things that I don't like:

-Super Hard Skelletons early game

-Hoppers-One word:BUILDCRAFT
ah, but the hoppers in 1.5.1 are far superior, as they can output to the side, allowing for far more compact setups[DOUBLEPOST=1368033137][/DOUBLEPOST]on
Ohhh, endercreeperbats! And cartchestwolves. It's not been noticed much in FTB since it's more of a world-editing thing and I don't know of any mods which make it accessible to players.
Hmmm...
One of the best things has to be the creepercattamedwolf, it runs around, scared out of its wits, and then when you hit it it starts hurting itself :D WOOT CREEPER SADISM!

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
somebody up there said:
stuff about stacking and horses, and winged rage-fueled skelly thestrals
Stacking horses onto bats...

Spiders are passive in the day, I wish you could train them and "become" the spider jockey. We need more super-rare spawns like that.

1.6 is looking good, but what's this new zombie mechanic I hear about? The official forums just say that they are "sociable."

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
It most certainly is. And no, it isn't with slab. Minor glitches like that are cosmetic, really, and not a problem. But when you get areas of pitch black because of a simple overhang, which is resolved by ether entering it (dumb) or forcing a block/lighting upgrade (smart), that is a severe problem. It didn't exist until a version or two after release. All of my time in alpha, all my time in beta, no problems. I would far prefer the old, slow, lighting updates because at least I'm not left wondering if that pitch black splotch on the wall is just 1 block deep or a cave hiding creepers.
I think somtimes people forget they are playing minecraft. Its basically virtual legos, not skyrim or something

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
Not really. That implies they have a general idea of what they want in Vanilla. Which I don't believe was ever there.
Well that's very possible. But in that case, saying that we are or aren't "supposed to" be able to do something is a pretty meaningless statement. What we are "supposed to" be able to do becomes entirely subjective at that point.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
ah, but the hoppers in 1.5.1 are far superior, as they can output to the side, allowing for far more compact setups[DOUBLEPOST=1368033137][/DOUBLEPOST]on
One of the best things has to be the creepercattamedwolf, it runs around, scared out of its wits, and then when you hit it it starts hurting itself :D WOOT CREEPER SADISM!
Yes, I knew that but you have to remember that in vanilla you are not supose to "automate" anything at all what so ever.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I don't agree dgdas, as why on earth would they add hoppers if not for automation?
Until here minecraft had no automation, just semi-automation and now they added a way to automate.I think is just jeb and his crazy ideas.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Next up, tubes that will probably suck more than BC Pipes. But the hopper is a mod idea that Mojang didn't actually botch.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not excited for anything that is added in the vanilla 1.6 update so far I am however excited for the mod updates. Mods and adventure maps are really the only reason I play MC anymore anyway. If I get tired of the machines or want a challenge I'll just play terrafirmacraft which is amazingly hard as hell and confusing its like the Stone Ages which is what I pictured MC to be in when I first started playing the game.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
One of these days I have to start up a TFCraft world.
Be sure to read the guides on the wiki because without them you'll be very confused on how to progress Also don't go out at night until you have a sword you will die very easy a javlin cannot kill mobs fast enough and you'll die.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
I have to echo what other people have said here. Mojang's focus right now is completely off. Here's my short list of what has gone on far too long without resolution.
Hell all I want is a goddamn button to delete or ignore my player skin so that I can see myself with a high res skin from a texture pack without having to play in offline mode.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft PETA is coming for you :/

Sent from my phone using black magic