Looking forward to 1.6

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
1.6 has hay. There are already sticks and witches in the game already. Witches should be flying on brooms and the broom should be a drop from a flying witch.

Reactions: the_j485

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I think the best part of leads is tethering animals to posts.
And the best part of tethering animals to posts is hanging saddled pigs from posts.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
One of the features that went almost unnoticed in 1.5 was being able to stack entities. Its so freaking awesome and barely anyone cared. I would like to see a mod take advantage of that and maybe let you stack them in game in survival

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
One of the features that went almost unnoticed in 1.5 was being able to stack entities. Its so freaking awesome and barely anyone cared. I would like to see a mod take advantage of that and maybe let you stack them in game in survival
What does this mean in practical terms?
<snip stupid stuff though it's been quoted, so, meh>

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
What does this mean in practical terms?
(I noticed that if I had two Deep Storage Units from Mine Factory Reloaded containing the same number of the same item, they stack in my inventory, is that what you mean?)
No, I mean like mobs riding mobs. Its cool for adventure maps

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Ohhh, endercreeperbats! And cartchestwolves. It's not been noticed much in FTB since it's more of a world-editing thing and I don't know of any mods which make it accessible to players.
Hmmm...

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Skeletons on the skeleton horse will be cool, as will zombie on zombie.

Imagine the pain of a buffed skeleton, with an enchanted bow, pursuing you faster than you can run on top of a wingless thestral. Rage quit for everyone

Reactions: Jess887cp

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
There are a ton of cool possibilities with it. Like Seth's air hockey which uses like 10 carts stacked

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
Lighting is also not really that broken. It is with slabs and those kind of things but it could (and has been before) a lot worse.

It most certainly is. And no, it isn't with slab. Minor glitches like that are cosmetic, really, and not a problem. But when you get areas of pitch black because of a simple overhang, which is resolved by ether entering it (dumb) or forcing a block/lighting upgrade (smart), that is a severe problem. It didn't exist until a version or two after release. All of my time in alpha, all my time in beta, no problems. I would far prefer the old, slow, lighting updates because at least I'm not left wondering if that pitch black splotch on the wall is just 1 block deep or a cave hiding creepers.

Reactions: Chocorate

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
It didn't exist until a version or two after release. All of my time in alpha, all my time in beta, no problems.
Well like most games nowadays, Beta and Official Release are simply titles thrown around. Sometimes Beta is used as an excuse, but that's going a bit astray.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Since when are you not supposed to automate anything?
Have you ever heard of an EXP Farm?
Of course I did but that is not automates is SEMI-automated. That means you have to go get xp and it doesn't comes to you.
e.g. A sugar cane piston farm. In a normal sugar cne farm you have to press a button to activate it and you have to colect the sugar cane.

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I knew that but you have to remember that in vanilla you are not supose to "automate" anything at all what so ever.
You would be shocked how many things you can automate in vanilla.
With your sugarcane piston farm example for instance - a timer requires nothing more than a little redstone dust and a couple redstone torches. Hoppers are now the obvious choice for collecting the sugarcane, but before that you could route it into the nether for later collection. Before even that you are correct that you had to collect it manually, but even then you could use water to wash it all into a single block for extremely easy pickup.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
You would be shocked how many things you can automate in vanilla.
With your sugarcane piston farm example for instance - a timer requires nothing more than a little redstone dust and a couple redstone torches. Hoppers are now the obvious choice for collecting the sugarcane, but before that you could route it into the nether for later collection. Before even that you are correct that you had to collect it manually, but even then you could use water to wash it all into a single block for extremely easy pickup.
Of course I did but that is not automates is SEMI-automated. That means you have to go get xp and it doesn't comes to you.
e.g. A sugar cane piston farm. In a normal sugar cne farm you have to press a button to activate it and you have to colect the sugar cane.

I said a NORMAL farm.Why do I call it normal?Because I don't know the time it takes sugar cane to grow

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
I said a NORMAL farm.Why do I call it normal?Because I don't know the time it takes sugar cane to grow
?
EDIT: Or by "normal" did you mean not having a timer? What designates that as "normal"? Especially if the topic at hand is automation?

Regardless, while I maintain that a LOT of amazing things can be accomplished with vanilla mechanics, I would never contest that far, far more automation can be done using mods.
Whether or not we are "supposed" to be able to automate things in vanilla is a question for Mojang...

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
Whether or not we are "supposed" to be able to automate things in vanilla is a question for Mojang...

Not really. That implies they have a general idea of what they want in Vanilla. Which I don't believe was ever there.

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Horses are cool.. But the multiple flying things will pretty much make it a novilty.. I would be happy just getting to 1.5 at this point.