Looking for Unleashed + Gregtech Server?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
I did not find a good place to put this thread, maybe there is...

I am looking for a server that runs FTB Unleashed + Gregtech.
I am currently playing on one server like this, but the lack of admins/mods being online and helping when something stops working and the amount of bugs/glitches that i stumble upon all the time is very sad.

Maybe moving server is not the answer to fix bugs and glitches. But i hope it will since i really want to advance into the late game parts of Gregtech and all the mods that the Unleashed pack offer.

So my question is.
Are there any active good servers that is receiving good amount of support from admins/mods and that do not block out to much items?

If the server demands paying/registration or just apply, im up for it if it turns out to be a good server. I am a mature player and well over child age.

TheAbstractHippo

Jul 29, 2019
This isn't a question! Your question mark lied to me! D: Anyways, you happen to have a lot of questions; I would ask them in the "Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer" thread (stickied at the top), rather than spamming threads. Also, you could try looking though the servers in the Server Promotion section.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Don't do this. If you want a much more technically complex mod experience within the context of the Unleashed modpack, Gregtech is not the right place to look.

Consider adding Engineer's Toolbox. I assure you it is plenty complex and difficult, but it's also very rewarding and won't step on or be stepped on by the presence of Tinker's Construct.

Reactions: Pokefenn

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Don't do this. If you want a much more technically complex mod experience within the context of the Unleashed modpack, Gregtech is not the right place to look.

Consider adding Engineer's Toolbox. I assure you it is plenty complex and difficult, but it's also very rewarding and won't step on or be stepped on by the presence of Tinker's Construct.

This wasn't what OP was asking. They were asking for an Unleashed + GT server, not whether or not they should use GT.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
This wasn't what OP was asking. They were asking for an Unleashed + GT server, not whether or not they should use GT.

I am aware. But sometimes people show up asking the wrong question, rather than needing an answer.

You can roll your eyes all you like, but TCon basically breaks GTs early game. It is not clear why you'd want to do it other than the fact that you want way more machines. If you want that, there is a forum local who isn't getting enough attention who we can mention. Thus I did.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
So, now we determined what i asked for...

Any alternatives of good servers that run Unleashed+Gregtech.
Server that have good activity and good admin/mod support.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
You can roll your eyes all you like, but TCon basically breaks GTs early game. It is not clear why you'd want to do it other than the fact that you want way more machines.

That depends on configuration, and usually I do want more machines. I think behedwin does too.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
That depends on configuration, and usually I do want more machines. I think behedwin does too.

You do you, sir. But please do at least look at Engineer's Toobox. Emasher is a forum local, a nice person, and a very proactive mod dev.

GrumpyCraft.com

Jul 29, 2019
We are running Redproject (RedPower) and GregTech with Unleashed 1.1.3.

www.GrumpyCraft.com

Server.GrumpyCraft.com

Follow these instructions to install and join:
Open your FTB Launcher.
Click Edit Mod Pack.
Enable all mods from the right-hand column.
Then, to install Red Project and GregTech.
Visit download.grumpycraft.com
DOWNLOAD the folder which is supplied (should be a download icon on bottom right)
Download the folder. Unzip the folder. Follow the read-me within the folder to install.
Feel free to respond to this thread for help. Feel free to submit a support ticket for install help.

All mod credit to RedProject and GregTech

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
...but TCon basically breaks GTs early game.
TCon and Natura don't agree with GTs early game, but you still have to build a bronze blast furnace, which, even with TCon, takes multiple stacks of copper. I'd rather the TCon smeltery only turned ore into one ingot, but oh well.

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
So, now we determined what i asked for...

Any alternatives of good servers that run Unleashed+Gregtech.
Server that have good activity and good admin/mod support.
Unhinged is pretty fine on it's own, and there's more servers for it I think. Most of the mods not included in Unhinged aren't included because they push over the GT balance, which destroys the main point of playing GT.