Looking for some mods

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Bit of a long shot, but here goes:

A mod that will take a liquid in a RF powered block, and convert it into another liquid and also an item. Needs to be configurable (aka jsons, config files, etc)

A mod that changes nether portals so they are not the "magical" ring of obsidian and flint n steel, but more of a crafted portal/teleport system. Something to make it feel more "tech" or "SCIENCE!"

A mod that force spawns thaumcraft taint biomes. I'm using a mod that overrides normal world generation, so Taint Biomes won't spawn, or more ideally, a mod that changes Thaumcraft taint so it's more like the previous version where it would spawn in random chunks and spread slowly (this I felt was much more appropriate for Taint). Failing that, a mod that when a block is placed, will change a small radius around it to another Biome (configurable via config/json, etc), bit like the Tree of Transformation in Twilight Forest.

GerbShert

Jul 29, 2019
@Golrith , If you can't find a mod that you like for techy/sciency portals I might be able to help get you one. :3 Are you looking for JUST nether portals or also end portals?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
@Golrith , If you can't find a mod that you like for techy/sciency portals I might be able to help get you one. :3 Are you looking for JUST nether portals or also end portals?
I'm looking for something that disables the original way of creating Nether and End portals, for a more tech/science version.
Even something simple like a block to replace the obsidian with (recipe doesn't matter, as I can minetweak) and have a button on it to turn on/off. Then in nether, same portal is built and linked.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
The biome changing options I've seen usually require you to sample the biome you want, but if it is just tainted you need, if taint from flux and taint spread are enabled in the configs, you should be able to overload a crucible to get a tainted biome going.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Does anyone know of a mod that can force specific mod passive mobs to be hostile?
Also, a mod that has the ability to rename mobs?

Aetherpirate

Jul 29, 2019
You could make the usual kind of portals to get those places, then place teleporters from Mekanism down instead, and destroy the vanilla portals.

As for converting liquids, try minechem.

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
For the liquid thing, I think M4TH Things does what you are looking for. But I don't think it's configurable.
As for the Portals, LanteaCraft is really dope for that sort of thing. They look pretty cool plus it's compatible with RF.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Thing with the portals is that I would like a complete replacement of the existing portal system, not a portal that you build to replace.
Aware of LanteaCraft, I prefer the original SGCraft (especially now it's updated with dealing with more dimensions, power, better textures, models, etc).