Looking for some advice from the more experienced

N

No U-Turn

Hello All,

I am looking for some advice from the more experienced youtubers, can you guys give advice on mumbling and keeping youre head together while playing.

If i review my own videos i really get annoyed with me being quiet and/or mumbling in the microphone.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Regards,

No U-Turn plays

H

HSGames

I really don't have anymore experience than you do tbh, but I've found that if you know what you want to say, or think about the video as if you are talking to your friends and explain what you are doing, it helps. It also helps to have someone to play together with. :) Wish you luck!

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I can't speak from experience as a YouTuber, but from doing teaching there are a couple of handy hints I would say - and they really build off the back of what @HSGames said:

- Have a plan. Even if its just a few bullet points, outline what you want to talk about, and cover in the video. These can be of limited detail, or quite in depth - it depends on what suits you best! This will help you keep your head together, and should help with mumbling too. As someone who has issues with both of those myself, it really does help!

- Practice. Don't be afraid to do a couple of takes, and when you watch back, look at where you started to derail; if you find its certain things - such as something not being where you expected when you went to look for it, make sure next time you've got it all ready to go, even if it doesn't LOOK like it to the viewers. They don't know what goes on behind the scenes! ;)

- Edit. There's nothing wrong with a "I'll bring you guys back in a minute", or if you need to redo something you might even be able to flawlessly edit it in! Likewise, if you're recording your audio track separately (which you should be) then you can potentially adjust that separately.

- Observe. Watch other YouTubers, and see what they do. I fully recommend a guy called Krakaen - he's got a fairly small subscriber base (about 2000) but that's grown from about 1000 at the start of the year and is continuing to do so. Despite English not being his first language, he's doing better and better, and has found his own ways of being familiar with the audience and making himself comfortable. You might be able to pick up ideas, inspiration, who knows!

Good Luck :)