Looking for small, fun mods :)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

420Kebab1337

Jul 29, 2019
Hey! I am currently developing my own private (may be released) modpack with a bunch of mods. I already have over 70 mods, but I am not satisfied. I am looking for small little mods that don't need to offer too much but are still fun to use. To be more specific, I don't mean mods like TiC, MFR or Thermal. Sure, those mods are great and a blast to use - but they're huge. Oh, and addons are fine to. However, no magic! Thanks. Suggest away!

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
petbat springs to mind.
It allows you to make pets from bats and level them up so they become more powerful.

I also like advanced generators but I wouldn't call that a small mod as for me a mod is only small if it only adds like one item or so

420Kebab1337

Jul 29, 2019
for me a mod is only small if it only adds like one item or so

A small mod to me is a mod that adds in around 1-20~~ items or so, related to each other or not. Or no items at all, maybe it just adds a machine, or it might be a compability addon or perhaps a fancy GUI! To me a small mod can be anything, as long as it's not huge and takes such long time to get in to such as Thermal/MFR.

Last edited:

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
A small mod to me is a mod that adds in around 1-20~~ items or so, related to each other or not. Or no items at all, maybe it just adds a machine, or it might be a compability addon or perhaps a fancy GUI! To me a small mod can be anything, as long as it's not huge and takes such long time to get in to such as Thermal/MFC.
thats why I said advanced generators, because I know that my vision on small mods might be a bit extreme

AlexDeathwind

Jul 29, 2019
Adventure Backpacks. Adds multiple types of backpacks that have tanks for liquids a crafting table in the gun and two slots that you can shift mouse wheel to change what you are holding to save hotbar space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Even though it works like garbage atm the Curse launcher is a remarkably convenient list of small mods. If Curse could get their act together and fix the bugs and logistics problems, that tools going to be rather powerful for the casual modder who knows what they want.
In short; just brows Curses list.

Failing that lurk this forum, lurk it hard. Discovered a few mods from doing that. RF Drills and Geko's Lasers I discovered here.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
Little Maids is oddly addicting. It's fun to get a bunch of them, armor them with the highest tier armor and weapons and rush a boss with an army of 10 - 20 of them. Also they have a crafting recipe and Project E EMC value so you you can automate the hell out of the creation of maids. Or you can simply use MFR. :p ShinColle is also pretty fun. It's like maids, but with highly explosive weaponry. Sadly they can't do tasks for you. I suggest you check both of those out. Another cool little mod is Sound Filters. It just makes the game more immersive.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
StarMiner. Fun gravity-manipulation mod. You can stick velcro on any wall/ceiling to walk there, or go play Little Planet in low-orbit using a squid rocket to get there. :D

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Quite sure it counts as "small little mod".
I am looking for small little mods that don't need to offer too much but are still fun to use.
A small mod to me is a mod that adds in around 1-20~~ items or so, related to each other or not. Or no items at all, maybe it just adds a machine, or it might be a compability addon or perhaps a fancy GUI! To me a small mod can be anything, as long as it's not huge and takes such long time to get in to such as Thermal/MFR.

Unless crashing is fun I would say it doesn't fit. At all.

Reactions: PierceSG

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
I'd say Garden Stuff by @jaquadro would fit the bill, it adds fun little ways to spice up the decor of your living area.
Any mod with pleasing aesthetics usually has my vote ;)

Reactions: Padfoote