Looking for shop/economy plugin.

0pteron

Jul 29, 2019
I just got into minecraft 2 weeks ago. My nephew loves Tekkit and building things on it, and I got my friends to join my private whitelisted server that I have running cracked Tekkit. I wanted to have a basic sign shop where people can setup their own shops and I can use gold as a currency, since I disallow EE.

Come to find out because Tekkit is 1.2.5 none of the Bukkit plugins are correctly working with it, giving me java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.scheduler.BukkitScheduler.runTaskTimerAsynchronously(Lorg/bukkit/plugin/Plugin;Ljava/lang/Runnable;JJ)Lorg/bukkit/scheduler/BukkitTask; for every shop plugin I try to install.

Thus, I look into Tekkit lite or getting Tekkit updated to a point where I can use the shop plugins for it and in my search I come across FTB. FTB is different, and I am not sure how my nephew and a few tekkit lovers will like the minor changes. I personally like the extra biomes as the main reason wanting to switch to FTB.

I have not yet switched it over, but I run a linux server on Debian through a headless VPS. I know linux pretty well, but I can't really track down what plugins work for FTB, if any at all. I know out of the box FTB doe's not support bukkit because it uses Forge, and I know recently someone started working on BukkitForge again but the information is not really concrete.

All I want to do is run a whitelisted cracked server that has an economy plugin with a shop plugin, so I can set signs and associate them with chests. Would like the option of players creating their own shops, and being able to have an infinite shop where they sell their gold for the game currency. Also, if I decide to go public and no whitelist, an authorization plugin would be nice so people can't steal names because its ran in offline mode, but this is not required.

Is there anything available to me? if so, what? and how do I get it? I don't care if its in beta or even alpha stage. At this time I have maybe 5 people playing the server. If this isn't possible right now then I guess I will just look into tekkit lite or getting tekkit up to atleast 1.4.5.

Zmaster27

Jul 29, 2019
you wont get help on tekkit here, especially cracked tekkit. my advice, go buy the game, and then look for the Technic/Tekkit forums

0pteron

Jul 29, 2019
you wont get help on tekkit here, especially cracked tekkit. my advice, go buy the game, and then look for the Technic/Tekkit forums

I am not asking for advice on Tekkit here, I am asking for shop plugins for FTB. I have bought 3 minecraft accounts (2 for my nephew and niece, and 1 for myself). I run a cracked server to introduce my friends to minecraft and get them interested in playing for it. In which once they get hooked I suggest they buy the game so they can play other servers, and use skins, etc. I have brought mojang 2 new customers who bought the game, thanks for me introducing them to my cracked server.

Thanks for not reading my post, and assuming I haven't bought the game.

Zmaster27

Jul 29, 2019
I just got into minecraft 2 weeks ago. My nephew loves Tekkit and building things on it, and I got my friends to join my private whitelisted server that I have running cracked Tekkit.

though i see later in the post that you mention FTB, My main issue is that its cracked. you wont find any support here for Cracked (Stolen) games here

0pteron

Jul 29, 2019
It was my understanding that running the server cracked was OK and fully supported by Minecraft, as it is included functionality. Apparently FTB users are against it, so please ignore the word cracked in my original post.

I am totally open to ideas where my friends can play minecraft (with me via internet) without first coughing up money for something they have never used. Please note participation with me is important, so I can VOIP them what to do as we go along, and teach them things.

Zmaster27

Jul 29, 2019
ya know, this is where a trial feature would come in handy... i got no clue bud, sorry about the fight

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
It was my understanding that running the server cracked was OK and fully supported by Minecraft, as it is included functionality. Apparently FTB users are against it, so please ignore the word cracked in my original post.

I am totally open to ideas where my friends can play minecraft (with me via internet) without first coughing up money for something they have never used. Please note participation with me is important, so I can VOIP them what to do as we go along, and teach them things.

*cough* demo on minecraft.net *cough*

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
To be fair, Notch really doesn't mind people pirating the game.

Anyway, answering the question at hand (Being "Is there any shop plugins?")

No, FTB runs off the vanilla Minecraft server (as opposed to Tekkit running off Bukkit) and does not have the plugin support that Bukkit does.
However, there is a way to safely trade items using IndustrialCraft, involving the Trade-O-Mat item and Personal Safes (only the owner of a Personal Safe [and ops] may open it.)
Just put the safe next to your Trade-O-Mat, set up your trade and you should be good to go.
Unfortunately it doesn't run on an imaginary saved "money" system, so you'll have to figure out a good way to trade involving items. I recommend using iron as currency, as it's useful and not too plentiful.
I don't recommend using the Industrial Credits however, as it costs 1 Refined Iron per 4 Coins, and when crafting them back it costs 9 Coins per Refined Iron. Kind of a severe ripoff.

EDIT: Also the demo does not support multiplayer

Zmaster27

Jul 29, 2019
so we are all getting our pants in a bunch and notch doesnt care.... okie dokie then XD yeah the trade-o-mat with iron currency is your best bet