Looking for new server advice

What type of server should I use for my FTB Infinity Evolved Mod pack?

• VPS

• Dedicated

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Dagdandris

So I am looking to make a server for around 8 people that way I can avoid joining servers with banned items and mods. The mod pack will be FTB Infinity Evolved 1.7.10. I've been reading around and saw someone recommend Dacentec (https://billing.dacentec.com/hostbill/index.php?/cart/dedicated-servers/) I was looking at the prices for their dedicated servers but im not really sure what I need. Would 8GB of ram be okay or should I up it to 16GB of ram that way I can use offline chunk loaders more? Should the hard drive on the dedicated server be SSD or would a regular hard drive be okay for my purposes? Should I get a Windows operating system on the server or should I go with ubuntu? I'm going to college right now so I hope this experience will be useful some day since I'm a computer science major. What are the things that I would need to know once I get this dedicated server for me to get the actual Minecraft server up and running. If anyone has any experience or advice on this topic I would appreciate it. And if there are any better websites to get a server from let me know. I chose Dacentec after I saw it because the price of the ram seemed to be a lot cheaper compared to the websites offering Minecraft server hosting. I'm on a budget here and would like to stay around 30-45 dollars.