Request Looking for mod suggestions

BugMcVagh

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone!

So I used to make some private modpacks back in the day, and now I'm jumping on it once again. But got some very specific tasks in mind, and I've kind of lost track on things during the break, so I would like some suggestions for some specific tasks.
You see, the whole idea for the pack is centred around hand crafted floatin islands, each with their own theme / quirk, in one dimension. One half of the map is for claimable / buildable land, the other is for adventuring / material gathering.

So first off, I need a mod where players can claim/protect chunks, yet also has the ability to only allow specific blocks to be broken in other places (So people won't exploit it or just mess up the map for no reason yet they are still able to gather materials and terraform to their hearts content where they are allowed)

Also, I've known about mods that re-generate chunks to their original state, but is there one that resets them to a specific state, so the resources can be regenerated from time to time on a hand crafted map also?

Another thing that would be nice is a good mob/pet transportation method that keeps all the data on mobs, even modded ones. Something like the soul vials from Ender Io, I just don't want to install a whole mod for this one specific function, especially cause I try to keep a fantasy theme, avoiding tech machinery.

And besides all of that, I'm still on the look out for RPG systems. Although what I've found seems to do the trick, per use skill advancement and high customizability, but not sure how well it gets along with mod functions or if it is the best choice for it. It goes by the name ANSSRPG. So yeah, some suggestions would be nice in this department also.

That is al, thank you!

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
For mob transportation: ExUt 2 has golden lassos, you could use those
For the block breaking/regenerating stuff: I'm pretty sure you could just find a vanilla plugin for that

420Kebab1337

Jul 29, 2019
As Migmag stated I believe FTB Utilities has a similar feature to what you are describing when it comes to claiming.

Sad to say that whilst there are a lot of RPG-ish fantasy mods out there many of the worthwhile, great ones are usually very large, consisting of a vast variety of dimensions, bosses etc. Advent of Ascension comes to mind. Again, it's an extremely large mod with more of a Terraria-esc feel to it but it is without a doubt very fun to play around with.

Now I don't know what version of Minecraft you are running, meaning some or all of these mods may not work for you but here are some great examples that come to mind regarding RPG's and fantasy:

Biomes O' Plenty: Mainly just because of the large variety of fancy-looking trees and gemstones it adds, since I understand you won't be using regular generated terrain.

Tinkers Construct: A more "medieval" and "realistic" way of processing materials as well as creating highly customizable tools.

Roots: Not sure if you're interested in Magic but Roots is, in my opinion, quite an underrated mod. To be fair there isn't much to it yet (in my opinion) but there are some fun spells and utilities. Could also be fun to integrate it into other recipes.

MalisisDoors: Somewhat moderate variety of decorative doors, both large and small. Worth noting is there are a handful of modern/futuristic doors but there are also neat doubledoors and a handful of medieval looking ones. You can also make your own custom doors.

DecoCraft2: Not my kind of mod to be honest, I think it looks too out-of-place for a 16x16 Minecraft but it's without a doubt a well made mod that allows all kinds of placement of cool decorations, many of which you would expect to see in a fantasy world.

M

Migmag789

FTB Utilities are in 1.7, 1.8, 1.10, 1.11, 1.12. If you want a Medieval mod, try Immersive Engineering :)

scottvee

Jul 29, 2019
I've also gotten the modpack making itch. Absolute blast testing new clever weird mods and seeing what's what.

Terrain Crystals is actually designed specifically to make floating islands.

Tinkers Construct again for a blacksmithy kind of tool build. And Tinkers Tool Leveling let's you level them up more by using them.

Chisel mod quickly gives a huge selection of building blocks.

Ruins mod is still around ... adds some ruined houses and temples that make good bases when out exploring.

For pre-modern or magical agriculture: Roots makes custom wands, Botania is big and full of mana, Embers is a weird kind of dwarven technomancy, Mystical Agriculture is a kind of alchemy with crops.

Yup, golden lasso is easy. And RPG mods do tend to be huge. In my packs I just try to provide a vast array of resources, blocks and activities and let players specialize in whatever they want, no quests or levels to make them do stuff.