Looking for mod creator for collab.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ProjectBlue

Jul 29, 2019
I know this looks like alot to read, but just try it... I HAVE FAITH! :p

First i will introduce the concept in one word: Aliens. Not just another tech mod though, its different. I have long had a flare for unique and original ideas, and i have quite a few for a new mod, which would hopefully be added to the Feed The Beast mod packs at some later date, it is a mod idea i have not seen anything about yet, my only problem is: my coding abilities. I know quite minimal coding, and to say that my coding ability were sub-par for this project would be quite the understatement. Therefore, i am looking for someone who definately knows their way around coding to work on this project with me. This will be a very difficult project because it will require many different new ideas that have not been previously visited in minecraft modding. Whoever is interested must know how to innovate new code, such as when railcraft first created code to allow for multi block structures. ideally if you want to work on this you should be able to innovate and also have a knack for graphic design and animation, i would have requested possibly soaryn to help me in some way, but he is very busy working on his xycraft, and does not have the time to do a project such as this. if you are interested, leave a reply to this topic telling me why you would like to be chosen as partner for this project and what you can offer it, also suggestions are welcome. :) -Blue

Edit: my apologies for any improper elements of this post, as per suggestion by entropy, i will explain a little more about the mod, below. also, i would like to put forth that i am not shoving the mod onto someone else, it would be a collaboration effort, i can code some of the basic elements but i am still learning. it would, be a partnership created mod, so you would get credit, and in the event that it makes profit, (how ever minimal) from places like adfly, then the profits would be split, most likely at a 3:2 3 parts to you and 2 parts to me. Now for a mod teaser / explanation, you will want to read the entire thing:

You are walking along the ridge of an ExtremeHills biome, searching for the right place to set up a home! You look down into the center of the adjacent valley, which was previously hidden by the mountains, and you see a whole herd of pigs. Due to the fact that you are running short on baked potatoes and nightfall is nearing. You ready your sword charged with the Aspect of fire to slaughter the pigs turning them into delicious bacon. As you mercilessly make your way through the herd massacring every animal in sight, you see what appears to be a crater with smoke coming out of it, and an ominous light. Being curious and audacious as you are, you decide to investigate further. You walk over to the crater and peer down into it. you see something like you have never seen before, it appears to be a ship, nothing like you have ever seen, and with technology centuries away from the technology you have today. you go up to the ship and see what secrets it may hide, and right in the center of the bridge, you see what appears to be a plan for a handheld device to study the inhabitants of the minecraft world, you take this plan and craft your new hand-held device which required an element you had access to, but the other life form was not able to produce: diamonds. And with your cunning and intellect decide to use the device to study its designers. you must do much research to study and understand these advanced creatures machines. You must trek far to find another crash, as you have deduced that there must have been a fleet of many of them, that were all taken down by some powerful force (potential for another boss there) and you learn about their technology and history. Soon you are able to create amazing new technical masterpieces that were never even thought of in the time you live in, this new tier of alien tech allows you to accomplish many new tasks, or do formerly mundane tasks in a crazy new faster and more intelligent way, well worth the rigorous research and the searching for very rare materials to build your new, more intelligent future.

ProjectBlue

Jul 29, 2019
on a side note, often in a request for a mod developer, you want to know if you are aiming for the moon or the stars, (heh pun because its a mod about aliens ^.^) but i have done a little bit of experimenting, and research and i know that all of my ideas are possible, and not too hard to code in. Also, if i do get a volunteer, i would LOVE to have him/her suggest ideas also themselves! this would be a full partnership, so for any of you aspiring mod developers out there, come help meee :)

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Just curious: if you know that it's not hard to code why don't you start off and create a proof of concept?

ProjectBlue

Jul 29, 2019
if i did try, it would be nothing like the intended project. while i can code a majority of the mechanics and technical parts, the graphic design part is where i would have quite a bit of trouble, i was thinking about it, but honestly, i didnt think it was quite worth it, and it wouldnt give people the right impression of what i am looking for, although, suggestion well noted, and it is not official that i will not be doing a proof of concept, i will have to do a bit more work first though

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is: coming up with ideas is easy. Actually creating a mod out of it takes craptons of time. Why would someone do basically all the work for you instead of making a mod by themselves?

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft started multi blocks? Ever heard of a double chest? Or even a nether portal?

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is: coming up with ideas is easy. Actually creating a mod out of it takes craptons of time. Why would someone do basically all the work for you instead of making a mod by themselves?
Oh yeah... it's like those posts on craigslist where someone is just sure they have the next billion dollar idea, they just need a programmer to build it... "My idea is like Facebook, but better!"

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
If someone had told me a few months ago about factorization barrels and suggested that they were a great idea that only needed to be implemented, I would have laughed them off. Now I know that barrels are one of the most useful, simple blocks to be added minecraft mods in quite a while.

It's not a great idea unless you have a working mod that proves it.

And I can guarantee there are no experienced mod authors out there browsing around for ideas.

Vtecem

Jul 29, 2019
if i did try, it would be nothing like the intended project. while i can code a majority of the mechanics and technical parts, the graphic design part is where i would have quite a bit of trouble, i was thinking about it, but honestly, i didnt think it was quite worth it, and it wouldnt give people the right impression of what i am looking for, although, suggestion well noted, and it is not official that i will not be doing a proof of concept, i will have to do a bit more work first though

I think the famous movie quote will come in handy here.... *cough* "If you build it, they will come" (artists that is ;))

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Wow. This is different. Usually I see, "Seeking technical cofounder."

It's too bad clj_minecraft assassinates old computers or I'd totally take you up on this. :\ I just... I just cannot do my current job and also write Java for an off-hours project. You have no idea the terrible things I'm seeing in the financial world.

Let me give you one. Imagine a blasted, twisted hellscape popuated by mutant zombies and hateful cheetahs. There is one computer, and on it are a hundred .java files. Each one starts with,
Code:
public class ______ extends ApplicationSuperclass

"But... there was time now. There was finally time!"

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
I just spent the last hour browsing DailyWTF. If you haven't heard of it, it's worth looking up.