Looking for interesting ways to power a base!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

CuriousKey

Jul 29, 2019
That's where Rotarycraft can shine actually. It's got an awesome water wheel and a very cool steampunk look. And since it can plug into the rotational dynamo, you can have things like the TE Sawmill, without a huge power system.

Of course, it's not quite Steampunk, but meh. That said, going pure magic would be possible with Thaumcraft and Botania. I'm fairly sure there's a flower that eats XP and Thaumcraft has the Infernal Furnace. Plus the Opencrate is awesome for dropping ores into the furnace.

Yeah, I'm not *definite* on having a steampunk aspect to it, I'm doing magic mainly because I've spent far too long being utterly dependent on thermal expansion. :p And I think going all or almost all magic is probably the furthest I can get from that in a single step.... That and I think it'll force me into some pretty cool/insane projects.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
The only problem I see with Botania being used as a power source is that most people just spam Thermalillies like DW20, which is just running your power on Magmatic Dynamos with a reskin and a couple of intermediary parts for compatibility.

I'd suggest Big Reactors, personally. They can be a lot of fun to play with, require some engineering to design correctly, and give good returns on your ingenuity.

CuriousKey

Jul 29, 2019
The only problem I see with Botania being used as a power source is that most people just spam Thermalillies like DW20, which is just running your power on Magmatic Dynamos with a reskin and a couple of intermediary parts for compatibility.

I'd suggest Big Reactors, personally. They can be a lot of fun to play with, require some engineering to design correctly, and give good returns on your ingenuity.

Well there's other ways to do it in Botania, right? it doesn't *have* to be thermalillies. And isn't there also a way to turn blood magic LP into power?

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
Well there's other ways to do it in Botania, right? it doesn't *have* to be thermalillies. And isn't there also a way to turn blood magic LP into power?

Serenade of the Nether to generate lava or use the Lava Crystal as a solid fuel. Although I once modified TE configs to allow liquid LP in the reactant dynamo so I could power my base on blood and tears.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
The food flowers, Gourmaryllis? Run those off of a golem powered carrot farm. Pure wizardry.

Anyone know if a golem can directly drop items into an Open crate?

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
The food flowers, Gourmaryllis? Run those off of a golem powered carrot farm. Pure wizardry.

Anyone know if a golem can directly drop items into an Open crate?
Golems can place items in an item grate which works the same way so probably