Looking for input.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I'm working on a modpack, and I'm running into something that always annoyed me in Vanilla: the limited number of uses for Wheat Seeds. So, I'm looking for a mod that can dispose of seeds in a useful manner. (I could technically toss them into lava, but that seems so pointless.)

Any favorites?

Aetherpirate

Jul 29, 2019
Can Rotarycraft ferment them?

Or

Mekanism biofuel--> Ethylene?

Or

Perhaps Minechem can break them down.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
From what I understand, Minechem can break anything down. :D I'm still in the stage of adding basic functionality so I'll see what fits in.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I believe that they can be used to make algae from inductive automation.
This can then be used to make power in an awesome way or you can bottle some algae and combine it with some water bottles and an apple to get a food that you automatically eat. (You get the bottles back)

On top of that, Inductive automation is just an awesome mod that deserves way more attention then it currently gets.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I believe that they can be used to make algae from inductive automation.
This can then be used to make power in an awesome way or you can bottle some algae and combine it with some water bottles and an apple to get a food that you automatically eat. (You get the bottles back)

On top of that, Inductive automation is just an awesome mod that deserves way more attention then it currently gets.

I'll definitely give it a look then! Automation is going to be a necessary thing, and this will save me having to sort through all the other automation mods :D.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Challange your players to build a machine that automatically tills the soil and plants them all :p

If you have Agricraft, the crops don't produce extra seed.
Otherwise look at Immersive Engineering for making them into fuel. Forestry has a few uses for them too. IC2 and/or Equivilant Exchange provide item disposal that produces something useful.

Or do something fancy with MineTweaker. Make the seed the useful part, and split the straw off for something else.

Last edited:

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I'll definitely give it a look then! Automation is going to be a necessary thing, and this will save me having to sort through all the other automation mods :D.
Keep in mind though that it does an awful lot.
Item transport? done
fluid transport? done
teleporting of power? done even to someones inventory
automatic farms? done
basic machines? done
inventory utilities? done
end game stuff? done

It also uses its own power system but it has a way to generate rf and you can make it using steam.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Algae are happily feasting on a few stacks of wheat seeds at the moment. I'm also experimenting with some of the non-vanilla crops to see if they work as well.

Reactions: lenscas

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
If you are also playing with the bees you can press them into seed oil for use later on.

While I do enjoy the Bees N' Trees, the general concept I'm working on isn't really set up to work well with Forestry.