Request Looking for FTB Server Partner/Staff

C

CrainBramp

Dunno if I'll really get any responses here, but I thought I'd give it a go.

So I've run a number of large Minecraft servers, and recently got into FTB/Skyfactory, and would like to find a partner/staff who have experience administrating FTB and would like to get in on the ground floor of one or two new servers. The server(s) could be public or whitelist.

With the right server, I might consider taking on an existing server with community and covering all hosting costs.

For a little background, I actually own a hosting company, and have a small vmWare cloud that I've put together for running my own personal servers. 20 physical cores (40 vCores, E3-1270v3s), 150GB of RAM, 6TB of SSD RAID10 storage, all running on an unmetered Gigabit connection bedhind DDoS protection.

Anyway, I'll cover ALL costs (domains, hosting, etc), maintain the cloud/OS/hardware, help with admin stuff, setup a Xenforo forum, and so on. Just need a good solid head admin, and some staff. If you're interested, feel free to post below with some basic information about yourself.

Basic Requirements: Mature (age doesn't matter, how you act DOES), is familiar with FTB and Skyfactory in general and is competent in administrating, building, or some other useful skill, is willing to put in time every day, speaks English well, and has a good attitude and willing to give (and get) constructive criticism.

Some things I'd like to know: your age, something about you in general, basic background and experience with MC/FTB/SF, and so on. You know the drill :)

Let's go!

As Always,
CrainBramp

Last edited:
R

rocket_doge_

Hello!
My name is Tim and I am 16 years old.
I would consider calling myself 'that tech guy' that has to tell the teacher that she cannot connect a HDMI cable to an USB port (yes, that has actually happened), but who is also very interested in programming and server stuff. I am running a small VPS myself and I do therefore have some experience setting up a server from scratch and maintaing it (at least if its running a Debian-based Linux distro). I have ran multiple minecraft server projects myself and I am able to set up a Thermos server, plugins, a website, TeamSpeak, etc. I always try to help where I can and, even though I am no native speaker, would rate my English as decent enough.
If you want to check out my last server project, you can head over to http://diredoge.de/ . Sadly, the project ended on August 1st (lack of players).

If you have any questions, I am always happy to answer them ^_^. You can contact me here on the forums, message me on Steam (http://steamcommunity.com/id/rocket_doge_) or write me an email ([email protected]).

Thanks for reading ^^

R

rocket_doge_

Tim, thanks for the reply. Dropped you an email at your email address, so you should have something waiting in your inbox from me about the server.
Got it, thanks. Please check your spam folder for a reply, because google does really not like private mail-servers...

X

Xalveris

Good [Insert time of day here]!
My name is Gavin but please call me Xalveris or Xal (Pronounced "Zal-vare-iss")
I am 16 and a senior in high school. I seem to have a lot in common with Tim, I was going to apply for a position on his server before i saw him here.
I have decent experience staffing servers, and have held staff positions on both modded and vanilla servers (Notably on ExplodingTNT's server The Nova).
I consider myself pretty experienced with mods and Minecraft in general, having played for more than 5 years now, since May 2011 (Beta 1.5) across many versions and modpacks. I recently finished a Sky Factory playthrough with a friend, although we got stuck because we were playing on LAN so some things were broken and made lots of things from Botania not work properly, so we couldn't defeat the Gaia Guardian.
I'm not that great at dealing with technical stuff outside of the game, but my experience within the game is expansive (In my sky factory playthrough mentioned above, I barely looked at a wiki at all for the entire thing). I don't think I make stuff look great aesthetically, but I am very good at making functional things.

Anyway, I'd rather not make this post too long, so please shoot me a reply here, or message me on steam (http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xalveris/). If you prefer email, just ask me for it over Steam as I don't want to state my personal email here.

X

Xalveris

Ok, so for some reason I can't edit my above post, so here's some stuff I missed:

- You don't have to ask for my email over Steam specifically, you can just message me here as well
- I can play 2-3+ hours on weekdays, 4+ hours on weekends, and all day Friday (after school) unless I have a bunch of homework or something else comes up. (I usually have more free time, but my parents limit the amount of computer time I can have, so...)
- I live in California (if you wanted to know timezone)
- Like I said, I don't know as much about out-of-game techy stuff, but if you need help I'm a fast learner. I know and/or can figure out how to use most things, but I can't set things up from scratch.

Can I please get some indication you at least saw my post? I'm pretty patient, but I hate being completely ignored. Sorry if that sounds rude.

Last edited:

Bennyboy1695

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, not sure if your still looking but wil, put my cards on the table anyway.

My name is Ben, known almost everywhere as Bennyboy1695
I have been host of a community for a long time now, started back when minecraft was on version 1.2.5 with Tekkit (Tekkit Classic as its known now) as our most popular server. We kinda shutdown/went into a private community from mc version 1.4.7 to 1.7.10 due to certain circumstances/ funding issues. But have recently come back and have a few public servers. During the time I wasn't hosting my own community I did join a well known community and ended up being an admin for their servers for around 6 months. I am more then capable of setting a server up and have even created a bash script on my servers at the moment to speed up the process of the creation. I can also write basic mods/plugins that can help with the server to fix dupe issues etc.
I can and do usually put in a lot of hours into the servers when I am needed and sometimes not needed.
If you are still looking and want to get in contact, feel free to msg me on here. Or directly at my email [email protected]