Request Looking for beta testers and helpers for an exploration modpack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
D

DireChyymeras

hi, i recently finished my first modpack which focuses on exploration and aesthetic design with a steampunk/industrial theme. Now i'm looking for beta testers, logo art, and builders for recurrent complex.
the code is "Dire" on the FTB launcher.

current modslist
ancientwarfare
archimedesshipsplus
Armourers-Workshop
Aroma1997Core
AromaBackup
Artifacts
AsieLib
bdlib
BetterStorage
BigReactors
binnie-mod
BiomesOPlenty
BloodMagic
boilerplate
Carpenter's blocks
ChickenChunks
Chisel2
ChiselTones
CodeChickenCore
CoFHCore
DaVincing
Decocraft
EnderCore
EnderIO
EnderStorage
ExtraTiC
extrautilities
fastcraft
FlansMod
forestry 3
GraveStone
IguanaTinkerTweaks
immersive engineering
magic bees
more materials
mr crayfish
NEI
openblocks
project red base lighting and world
recurrent complex
RTG
rouguelike dungeons
simply jetpacks
steamcraft2
TConstruct
thaumcraft
thaumic tinkerer
thermal expansion
Tinker's mechworks
weapon caseloot
yegamol
Ztones

what i need:
i need people to test the pack, identify bugs and mods to remove/add. any help would be much appreciated.

notes: all structure spawns with recurrent complex and other mods have been cranked up in this version to make structures more easy to find and thus identify bugs and issues in the structures.

-Dire

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I actually suggest discarding both Big Reactors and Simply Jetpacks. Nothing looks to consume the massive amounts of power a BR can make, except EIO, and that has it's own power production. The latter is problematic in my opinion because it gives you very early flight. And once you've got the easy to acquire materials for the low tier jetpacks, exploration is a simple matter of patience. Too early flight takes a lot of the entertainment out of the game.

Both Thaumcraft and Extra Utilities have flight available, but ExU's is post wither, and by the time you have the gear to tangle with one, you're to the point where being able to fly doesn't change much but convenience. Thaumcraft's Thaumostatic Harness requires fuel, in the form of Potentia, which is not an easily refillable resource.

In any case, those are personal flight. Archimedes ships flight requires either a significantly large ship, or extreme creativity in design. And you're typically not going to take an Archimedes ship into a dungeon.

That said, I like the idea, and I'll definitely give the pack a try and see if anything else sparks my thoughts into motion.

Reactions: DireChyymeras
D

DireChyymeras

I actually suggest discarding both Big Reactors and Simply Jetpacks. Nothing looks to consume the massive amounts of power a BR can make, except EIO, and that has it's own power production. The latter is problematic in my opinion because it gives you very early flight. And once you've got the easy to acquire materials for the low tier jetpacks, exploration is a simple matter of patience. Too early flight takes a lot of the entertainment out of the game.

Both Thaumcraft and Extra Utilities have flight available, but ExU's is post wither, and by the time you have the gear to tangle with one, you're to the point where being able to fly doesn't change much but convenience. Thaumcraft's Thaumostatic Harness requires fuel, in the form of Potentia, which is not an easily refillable resource.

In any case, those are personal flight. Archimedes ships flight requires either a significantly large ship, or extreme creativity in design. And you're typically not going to take an Archimedes ship into a dungeon.

That said, I like the idea, and I'll definitely give the pack a try and see if anything else sparks my thoughts into motion.
thanks for the feedback, as i said a lot of this is partially aesthetic, me and some of the people who are going to play the pack with me enjoy the idea of building a nuclear reactor- although your point is perfectly valid. as for the jetpacks, i may nerf them using minetweaker to make them harder to acquire but there is something inherently cooler about the jetpacks when you compare them to the wings. i really appreciate that your going to test the pack out so thank you :)

D

DireChyymeras

Chocohead made a mod called Binnie Patcher which allows Binnie's Mods to work with Forestry 4.
Edit: this is the link:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-7-10-binnie-patcher.143722/
i am aware of this mod but atm i don't actually have any mods that i feel are added to by updating forestry, for example i much prefer the forestry 3 farms when compared to the new forestry 4 ones. when i feel like the modpack can gain something from an update i will implement this

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
If that's why you want it, might I suggest Nuclearcraft as an alternative? More complex fuel possibilities, additional machinery to play with, and the potential to have it explode violently. I also suggest AppleCore because it's an awesome utility mod. All it does is tell you how much hunger and saturation food restores and show you how saturated you are, and how much is being used. And to go with that, Pam's Harvestcraft, to give you additional foods. Because nothing is quite as cool as exploring places powered by Extreme Chili!

D

DireChyymeras

If that's why you want it, might I suggest Nuclearcraft as an alternative? More complex fuel possibilities, additional machinery to play with, and the potential to have it explode violently. I also suggest AppleCore because it's an awesome utility mod. All it does is tell you how much hunger and saturation food restores and show you how saturated you are, and how much is being used. And to go with that, Pam's Harvestcraft, to give you additional foods. Because nothing is quite as cool as exploring places powered by Extreme Chili!
I'll look into those thanks for the suggestions, as for pams harvestcraft, thats in the pack now- it has some very interestig structures made for it as well that will be implented in the next update

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
My initial reaction is grumbling over Iguana Tweaks. No wood tools sounds fine, until you spend ten minutes looking for gravel, and another five punching it because you only got two and thus can't use the recipe. Stepped through a nether portal for a change of scenery, and it was cool for the two seconds I saw it before Matter Overdrive's nether populating robots lasered me into the lava my portal had spawned in the middle of.

New world, okay start, find a building, ooh, that's a cool door. Walk in, get murdered by something that spawned suddenly and had NOT been there before I stepped in. Come back, it's NIGHT. Two zombies kill one gate guard, I snatch his sword, close and open the door that's glitched out because I died with it open, and step inside. Incinerated by another Matter Overdrive invincible monster bot. (Legendary Johnny 5)

I'm going to try with BoP gen instead of RTG. Yeah, that's it. With RTG it's all but impossible to find the gravel you need to start, but with BoP, it's much easier.

D

DireChyymeras

My initial reaction is grumbling over Iguana Tweaks. No wood tools sounds fine, until you spend ten minutes looking for gravel, and another five punching it because you only got two and thus can't use the recipe. Stepped through a nether portal for a change of scenery, and it was cool for the two seconds I saw it before Matter Overdrive's nether populating robots lasered me into the lava my portal had spawned in the middle of.

New world, okay start, find a building, ooh, that's a cool door. Walk in, get murdered by something that spawned suddenly and had NOT been there before I stepped in. Come back, it's NIGHT. Two zombies kill one gate guard, I snatch his sword, close and open the door that's glitched out because I died with it open, and step inside. Incinerated by another Matter Overdrive invincible monster bot. (Legendary Johnny 5)

I'm going to try with BoP gen instead of RTG. Yeah, that's it. With RTG it's all but impossible to find the gravel you need to start, but with BoP, it's much easier.
Thank you so muh for testing it, matter overdrie should not be in there so that will get removed and as for iguana tweaks i was planning on making that easier to start out as well

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I don't mind Matter Overdrive. It's got both good and interesting world gen structures, and some cool weapons. Phaser Rifles rule. It's just the insane spawn rate on the androids that irritates me.

D

DireChyymeras

It is a pretty cool mod, however it doesn't quite fit the theme. It will definitely be in the next modpack i make for sure

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Fair enough. I'm mildly glad to not see Flaxbeard's, but I haven't played with Steampower 2 yet. Looks interesting though.

logdogzip

Jul 29, 2019
As KingTriaxx said, NuclearCraft as alternative, or even a replacement to Big Reactors? It's just something quirky and different, not to mention it does add a lot more than just its own brand of fission reactors, including fusion reactors, a unique and interesting fuel system, lots of machines, lots of fun gimmicks and some really great tools and armour. Also, soon particle accelerators are going to be in, too... who doesn't want a Large Hadron Collider in Minecraft? There are many, may config options, and you may even want to go as far as speaking to the dev about them if you want the mod to work or be used in a certain way - he very quickly replies to comments on curseforge and MCF.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
He's fairly fast at replying to the topic here as well.

I did run into one bug, that's the fault of Iguana Tweaks. I have a Bronze Pick with a diamond on it. If I attempt to replace the binding with one that's Obsidian, it reduces the mining level from Obsidian to Redstone.

Last edited: