looking for a place...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

holy_digger

Jul 29, 2019
hi. i am currently looking for a server to join. i really dont like griefing or pvp so just live build and evolve im easy to deal with and i cause no problems :)

dirtybeatfreak

Jul 29, 2019
Am looking too. I find it's hard though, as more often than not you end up finding a server with people who just want to cause havoc. Hell I'd even pay if I found the right server.

holy_digger

Jul 29, 2019
think i might set up my own but i need some help to set some /home and spawn and stuff if i aint finding a place that is

dc0110

Jul 29, 2019
I got my own server the other day, just so me and my son can play on the same map, they're pretty cheap, but I'm not sure how good it is.
I'd like to be on some where more substantial

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
This is a never ending problem i reckon for both players and serveradmins "(speaking as a serveradmin).

- It's hard to open your server to someone unknow with the knowhow that you might need to rollback everything and ban that person.
- On the other end there are alot of fair players that want to find a server to call "home"
- Having a "community" or a bunch "friends" on a server and getting new ppl in can't cause a bigger community or totally the opposite, where ppl leave / get violent against eachother (ingame only hopefully).

For example I'm currently hosting a server for me and some RL friends, where all dutch so where speaking dutch in the server, wich limits the persons i can allow access to the server, since not all speak English. Whould i allow an non-dutch speaking person on the server it will give frustrations to my friends (or community if you have one).

Bobieses

Jul 29, 2019
I used to run a gold teir one for me a 6 freinds for about £10 a mouth. Never had any lag issues with it and the control panel they use is great and have an option to install any FTB pack automaticly. I am now running a stone teir for me and 4 freinds for about £5 a mounth with no lag but i havent loaded it with any intensive machines.

holy_digger

Jul 29, 2019
nice to get some answers but im still looking :) dont need to be a huge community just someone to speak with so i aint alone lol

Bobieses

Jul 29, 2019
If you have a decent internet you could host the server on your pc which would save you some money and makes it easier to manage but this will only work if you plan on all playing at the same time.

RisingParadise

Jul 29, 2019
Holy_digger I own mindcrack server , it's currently looking for a bunch of people to play on it , since mostly only 4-5 people play there , I usually accept only people from my main server , but it seems that most of them cannot run FTB on their computers anyways.
As long as you are what you are ,
Just say that you accept these
Rules and policy about them:
We will not tolerate any rule breakers , once banned have fun searching for a new server .
  • No griefing or stealing at all .
  • No swearing or harrassing other players.
  • Do not spam the chat , or ask silly questions , if you do not know the basic stuff you might wanna look into WIKI first.
  • No hacking / Bug abusing or server resources abusing
  • NO PVP AT ALL , unless accepted by both sides.
  • Do you feel that you are mature enough to follow these simple rules ?
DO NOT beg for OP/MOD/ADMIN/CREATIVE positions , instead contribute by being adequate.

Just wanna add , that we the admins/owner on the server are not playing with creative , it was first meant to be a server where I could myself chill away from main server and actually play the game.
But being alone is getting boring ;).

Anyways the server is in EU , and it's a dedicated machine with 32gb ram and a 3.4-3.8ghz proccessor , I rarely see any lag , but then again - people that play on the server realize the meaning of the rules so far.And of course If there are even more people that wish to give it a try , please just post few lines about your self , Just so I see who I will have to deal with . I really do not want to use creative/flying around checking everyone out there doings , instead I want to have a community that will build stuff , connect their bases with rail roads have some cooperation and what not.

Reactions: dc0110

holy_digger

Jul 29, 2019
This is a never ending problem i reckon for both players and serveradmins "(speaking as a serveradmin).

- It's hard to open your server to someone unknow with the knowhow that you might need to rollback everything and ban that person.
- On the other end there are alot of fair players that want to find a server to call "home"
- Having a "community" or a bunch "friends" on a server and getting new ppl in can't cause a bigger community or totally the opposite, where ppl leave / get violent against eachother (ingame only hopefully).

For example I'm currently hosting a server for me and some RL friends, where all dutch so where speaking dutch in the server, wich limits the persons i can allow access to the server, since not all speak English. Whould i allow an non-dutch speaking person on the server it will give frustrations to my friends (or community if you have one).

if you let someone in that aint speaking german and if your friends may get frustrated over it.. why did you even mention it in this thread? i am looking for a place to settle down not to know if they speak english or not. sorry for the harrs word use[DOUBLEPOST=1358351604][/DOUBLEPOST]
Holy_digger I own mindcrack server , it's currently looking for a bunch of people to play on it , since mostly only 4-5 people play there , I usually accept only people from my main server , but it seems that most of them cannot run FTB on their computers anyways.
As long as you are what you are ,
Just say that you accept these
Rules and policy about them:
We will not tolerate any rule breakers , once banned have fun searching for a new server .
  • No griefing or stealing at all .
  • No swearing or harrassing other players.
  • Do not spam the chat , or ask silly questions , if you do not know the basic stuff you might wanna look into WIKI first.
  • No hacking / Bug abusing or server resources abusing
  • NO PVP AT ALL , unless accepted by both sides.
  • Do you feel that you are mature enough to follow these simple rules ?
DO NOT beg for OP/MOD/ADMIN/CREATIVE positions , instead contribute by being adequate.

Just wanna add , that we the admins/owner on the server are not playing with creative , it was first meant to be a server where I could myself chill away from main server and actually play the game.
But being alone is getting boring ;).

Anyways the server is in EU , and it's a dedicated machine with 32gb ram and a 3.4-3.8ghz proccessor , I rarely see any lag , but then again - people that play on the server realize the meaning of the rules so far.

Sounds intressing. if i can join i would love to try it out ;)

RisingParadise

Jul 29, 2019
I would need your nickname since we are defended by whitelist .

We do have basic protection / commands to use as well.
2 hour backups and autosaving .

p.s don't get shocked by my name I didn't mean to offend anyone , it's just for fun :)

server IP is 91.121.209.110:25566

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I'm sort of in the same boat, looking for a world to play in that has other life in it apart from creepers.

Bobieses

Jul 29, 2019
Would you mind if i came on two?. Cant be botherd with large servers rith with greifing

Bobieses