looking for a paid server in central europe

charonme

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm from Slovakia.
I've read the "guide where to post", but I still don't know where to ask this: I'm looking for a good paid server with decent polite players to play Infinity or Direwolf or a similar pack that allows flying, chunkloaders, turtles, quarrying etc.

charonme

Jul 29, 2019
whoa I didn't know that. How is that possible? How do server admins afford the costs? Voluntary donations?

Hmm isn't the legality country-dependent?

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
May be TC asked about hosting?
If U buy hosting U can upload server to hosting and play it.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
whoa I didn't know that. How is that possible? How do server admins afford the costs? Voluntary donations?

Hmm isn't the legality country-dependent?
Certainly not. Mojang's End User License Agreement (EULA) says that no servers can charge money for anything that you can normally get, though I think that that may only apply to the items and such inside the server itself.
Either way, I'd be very surprised if you could actually find a server that it costs to join. Very few people would be willing to pay for it, considering that servers tend to be free so they would simply go to those servers.
If you want to join a server just go ahead to the server section.

charonme

Jul 29, 2019
I believe a country's legal system takes precedence over a private EULA, so it's quite possible some local law may prohibit such clauses in EULAs.
Also, how would anyone know if a group of friends created a private server (with a whitelist) and shared the hosting and hardware costs among themselves? This would de facto amount to a "paid server". I can't believe this is really prohibited by the EULA

I figured playing on a paid server might be a good motivation for the admins to maintain the server and service their customers and also a good motivation for the other players to be decent and respectful to other players. I don't want to waste weeks building stuff only to find one day that the server no longer works or some griefer destroyed everything

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I think money is rarely a good motivator. The best servers that I have seen were also just managed by motivated server admins who did this in their spare time.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I believe a country's legal system takes precedence over a private EULA, so it's quite possible some local law may prohibit such clauses in EULAs.
Also, how would anyone know if a group of friends created a private server (with a whitelist) and shared the hosting and hardware costs among themselves? This would de facto amount to a "paid server". I can't believe this is really prohibited by the EULA

I figured playing on a paid server might be a good motivation for the admins to maintain the server and service their customers and also a good motivation for the other players to be decent and respectful to other players. I don't want to waste weeks building stuff only to find one day that the server no longer works or some griefer destroyed everything
I don't know of any countries prohibiting the EULA, i don't see why they would, and hey, I'm no lawyer, you go research it if you like.
What you describe isn't really what I was getting at, so yes, obviously that's legal. The thing is, I very much doubt a public paid server like I was getting at would be easy to find if at all existent.
The best way to ensure you're on a server without things like griefing and awful admins would be just to play among friends or a small group. The next best thing to do if you want to have a larger sever to play on, though likely for free, would be a whitelist.

charonme

Jul 29, 2019
OK so this should be probably changed to "whitelisted server" instead of "paid server". I looked through ftbservers.com but there is no advanced search (for example I didn't see an option to search by country), do I have to browse them manually?

I'm definitely NOT looking for a server where you can purchase in-game items!

Last edited:

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Paid server? As in you pay to access it? I don't think that that's legal.
Actually that's one of the things the eula actually allows. You can require payment for entry to a server. Just can't sell Minecraft peicemeal style.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
Have you found a server yet charonme? If not you may want to check Aura Fury out www.aurafury.com. The Chrome Prophecies server has everything that you are looking for and its an 18+ community