Looking for a food to replace my Berry Medley

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

NuBSMcGee

Jul 29, 2019
Berry were fantastic when I was getting going, But now im getting tired of dealing with all the bowls.

Can anyone suggest a food to replace them? I'm looking for high hunger replenishment with high saturation and no "leftovers" (Bowls, etc..)

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
you know those random pink or black/white animals wandering around the overworld?

Ok, what you do is make a crafting bench with four wood planks. Now, get a stick and two blocks of cobblestone, place them vertically on the crafting bench and you have a "Meat Accumulator" from the V.A.N.I.L.L.A mod. Now go find those animals I mentioned above and left click them repeatedly. You'll find this pinkish red stuff appearing in your inventory.

Smelt this in some sort of furnace and you have a very satisfying food source.

Can't go wrong!

NuBSMcGee

Jul 29, 2019
you know those random pink or black/white animals wandering around the overworld?

Ok, what you do is make a crafting bench with four wood planks. Now, get a stick and two blocks of cobblestone, place them vertically on the crafting bench and you have a "Meat Accumulator" from the V.A.N.I.L.L.A mod. Now go find those animals I mentioned above and left click them repeatedly. You'll find this pinkish red stuff appearing in your inventory.

Can't go wrong!

Oh I get it, You're one of those special people that's terrible at reading comprehension :)

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking for High Saturation though.....
Just carry a stack of food around at all times and only eat when you can no longer sprint. I honestly do not see the need for high saturation besides early game and custom maps

Can't go wrong!
Siggy'd

Reactions: Padfoote

NuBSMcGee

Jul 29, 2019
Just carry a stack of food around at all times and only eat when you can no longer sprint. I honestly do not see the need for high saturation besides early game and custom maps

Siggy'd

That would be a fantastic response if it wasn't completely irrelevant to the specific question I asked. I didn't ask for your opinions on the worthwhilenesss of High Food Replenishment and High Saturation foods. I asked if people knew of any that rivaled Berry Medley and had no leftovers.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
That would be a fantastic response if it wasn't completely irrelevant to the specific question I asked. I didn't ask for your opinions on the worthwhilenesss of High Food Replenishment and High Saturation foods. I asked if people knew of any that rivaled Berry Medley and had no leftovers.
Honestly, no. But meat, as malicious bloke said, is one of the best.
Unless you want to go overboard and get hydra chops. IIRC those things have amazing saturation, but they also restore your entire hunger bar. A stack of those could last a long time, but they are also difficult to get (you have to fight the hydra in the Twilight Forest.)

Reactions: Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

A solution has been presented to this problem. A setup with Random Things will remove any empty bowls from your inventory.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

NuBSMcGee

Jul 29, 2019
Glowing bread from Reliquary perhaps? Thaumcraft's triple meat treats are probably pretty good as well. Honestly though it would be better to just set up a potato farm.

Glowing bread is great, but I can't sustain production of it atm, (Glowstone, Netherwart, Gunpowder, etc..) I may look into triple meat treats.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Berry were fantastic when I was getting going, But now im getting tired of dealing with all the bowls.

Can anyone suggest a food to replace them? I'm looking for high hunger replenishment with high saturation and no "leftovers" (Bowls, etc..)

It does help a bit if we know what pack you are playing. Many of the suggestions I might give won't work on several of the packs.